• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a 80mm Tordado and my temps r down 2 14C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AL Romero

i just got a 80mm tornado and my temps are down to 14C idle. does anyone know of a company that makes a fan controler for 12v fans. cuz i can turn this thing down a lil and save myself a lil noise. its not to bad now compared to the 120mm fan i was using but non the less i would like to lower the noise more if i can.
thanks
AL

check all the frontpage articles. there have been several recently that tell how to make fan controllers using pulse width modulation and a rheobus.

VIDGION:
idle temp R 14C and load temps R 20C give or take :)

BLINK ME:
your link does not work :(

GOHEELS:
not sure exactly what u r talking about :(

i think goheels means to say go to the "frontpage" i.e., www.overclockers.com and check around in each section to see how to make ur very own special fan controller, i just doubt ull be able to make one as shnazzy as the ones u can buy

btw, i fixed blinkme's LINK

maybe im wrong but i think they are all for the small power connector fans. i need one for the larger 12v connector fans. ill read thru them and see if they say tho.

Usually fan controllers will come with adapters for 3 pin-4 pin molex connectors so you can plug in fans like the tornado. I know the Vantec Nexus does so I'm assuming others do. Look around at websites for fan controllers. There are so many you'll just have to find what suits you best.

i have a fan controller and it did come with power connectors however it did not come with a 12v out connecter. it only has the standard output. whatever volt that 3 pin connector is im not sure. 3.3volt? 5volt? i dont know. i just know it only have a 12v in and the 6 3 pin outs. i need on with 12v in and a 12v out. ya dig? :)

ZACHM: nice OC by the way. 220FSB :) very nice

Are you talking about the 3 pin plugs like on the motherboard fan connectors? If so those are 12v.

SIRIUS:
thanks for the link. i cant open although i did find the nexus 201 and 205. but nobody says in the details if they have the big 4 pin connectors that all my drives us. what is the name of that connector anyways? ill send out and email to some online story to see if they do have the large 4 pin out instead of the small 3 and 4 ping plugs.

EDIT:
i dont know dude i found some pics of the back of the nexus and it looks like the small 3 and 4 pind connecters to me. check it out and see for yourself if u like. thanks :)
http://www.tech-dreams.com/reviews.php?id=83&pg=0

Last edited:
is a cable all i need? r the small 4 pin connectors 12v too. ZachM said the 3 pins were 12v so all i need it a cable that goes from the big 4 pin (drive power) to the 3 or 4 pin that my fan controller has. shi*!!! :)

AL Romero said:
is a cable all i need? r the small 4 pin connectors 12v too. ZachM said the 3 pins were 12v so all i need it a cable that goes from the big 4 pin (drive power) to the 3 or 4 pin that my fan controller has. shi*!!! :)

Yes, the three pin connectors carry 12v, while the four pin contain both 5v and 12v lines.

By "small 4 pin connector" you could be refering to a floppy drive connector which is about the size of a 3pin fan connector. Or an auxilary 12v power connector supported on some mother boards, these have four connections but are not in a line they are in a square formation.

Somebody help me out with what volts are in the floppy drive connector, not that its really all that relevant, I've never used them for anything but floppy drives

no no not the floppy or the 12v 4 pin (square) connector. :) my enermax fan controller has the 3 pin dc out put line. so all i need is a 3 pin (female) to a 4 pin power connector (the 4 pin one that plugs to HDD and CD-roms). am i right?

Back