• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a 80mm Tordado and my temps r down 2 14C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
AL Romero said:
no no not the floppy or the 12v 4 pin (square) connector. :) my enermax fan controller has the 3 pin dc out put line. so all i need is a 3 pin (female) to a 4 pin power connector (the 4 pin one that plugs to HDD and CD-roms). am i right?

Sorry:) , yes your right.

They are cheap and you have links but here is another direct link to what you want with a large picture so you can see for yourself to double check.

Edit: Actually the one you found yourself is usefull for a fan without monitoring, your tornado already has it so its up to you whether you want the monitoring one incase you want to use it on a different fan later.

Back up a minute, either the one I linked or the one you linked won't work, I think. But I'm getting tired so maybe someone else can jump in.

What kind of 3pin connector comes out of your controller.

Edit: The one you linked would take a three pin fan and connect it to the power supply and the yellow sensing wire goes to the mobo.

You want to take a four pin fan that already has a sensing wire and connect it to your controller. So the one I linked will work.

(I'm assuming the connector comming out of your controller is female. If its not, obviously, its a different story)

Last edited:
the one on my controller r male and they r 3 pin. so i need a female 3 pin to 4 pin (molex) i think its called.

im thinking of just splicing the fuc*ing wire cuz i dont wanna wait to order one. ill have to see if my local PC shops have any first tho. thanks for ur help. :) all of u :)

he guys a made a molex to 3 pin fan connecter and it works great. my temps r still below 30C an she pretty quiet at 3600rpm's.
thanks guys :)

AL Romero said:
he guys a made a molex to 3 pin fan connecter and it works great. my temps r still below 30C an she pretty quiet at 3600rpm's.
thanks guys :)

Hehe, way to go, when in doubt do it yourself.
Glad you got it done:)

Back