• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a new ax-7 this is my stats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deadphishy

i have a locked xp2100 running at 148 fsb wich is 1925mhz and with my new ax-7 heatsink and a Tt smartfan II, that is great the adjustable rpm is great. on high, alittle loud it runs at 5200rpm and according to Tt thats over 75cfm. my idle temps are around 48deg and at load i'm around 54. not bad for beening really hot here in mich, and running with a 200 mhz increase. if i run stock fsb the temps are about 10deg cooler for both. my vcore is around 1.9.

That sounds pretty good. But I wouldn't overclock anymore unless you can keep your temps down below 50-55C on load.

Otherwise, its all systems go!

those temps are still high for that heatsink fan setup

what thermal compund you useing and are you using a schim?

alsowhat power supply and case fans you got and how are they blowing?/

i'm using AS3 and it just recently setin. it's really hot here in mich wich is one reason yesterday it was 93 and same with today both record highs. "globle warming is just made up" yea right. well right know if i run stock fsb it runs at 37 idle and 43 load. but if i go up to 148fsb it get up there in the high 40's low 50's.i also think i have to much AS3 on i put a small amount on the core then rubbed it in and wiped it off with a card. then i rubbed some and the heatsink and i think it was to thick. i'm using a genaric Psu 350 watts. and i have 4 case fans one top excust, one back intake righ over the heatsink(tried it as a excust but temps got higher because it was fighting for air with the heatsink fan. and two front intakes. righ kow my case temp is 85Deg Fer.

oh yea my motherboard diode may be crappy and over guess the temp. and no shim. i also have a crystal orb on my northbridge.

If it is just too much AS3 then temps should improve quite a bit: AS3 really does migrate well, making it much easier to use than AS2.

I just installed an AX7 on an Epox 8kha+, using a Tornado 80mm fan; it replaced a Vantec and 6000 rpm Delta.
cpu is an XP1700
Temps(load)
Vantec/Delta: 48c @1527mhz (high fsb/low multi)
AX7/Tornado: 40c @1660 (immediately after install)

Temps are excellent, and the noise is about the same as my 8000rpm Delta. Loud. Good thing I keep my Farm in my cellar :)

Back