• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KDM PSU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am of the viewpoint that you can't have enough good clean power. I would always rather pay for a power supply that is overkill than even think about buying one that is borderline to protect the rest of the equipment in the case.

I'm shocked!

I'm surprised they did in the first place, marketing must not have check out your previous reviews to see whether you really tested.

Have pics of the KDM showing the board model number for those interested. Also showing my only somewhat gutless wonder.

KDM Pics
KDM POS01-1.jpg
KDM POS02-1.jpg

And the... Well who even knows
Gutless Wonder_01.JPG
Gutless Wonder_02.JPG
Doesn't even have the red switch, just operates on 110 only.

The more you see the more you can pick out. OW's seen far, far, far, far, far more than I have. I can recognize a few, he's got a ton of the things memorized :D

The PCB mounting in that thing is scary.

The more you see the more you can pick out. OW's seen far, far, far, far, far more than I have. I can recognize a few, he's got a ton of the things memorized :D

The PCB mounting in that thing is scary.

I know that, i was kinda just kidding around. But this PSU is junk IMO, especially that board mount... That really scared me.

Yeah.... that board mount is epic. Looks like a DIY almost! Doesn't even look like it's mounted straight.

The main transformer is a dead giveaway for FSP.

Yeah, someone likely picked up a 200W or so FSP and stuck it into their own housing to sell to the unsuspecting.

The main transformer is a dead giveaway for FSP.

Yeah, someone likely picked up a 200W or so FSP and stuck it into their own housing to sell to the unsuspecting.

I ripped it out of a machine with a claimed 450 Watt PSU, haha.

Wow, these mount seems to be hand cutted ! loll

You need to know one thing Arkade. Listen to Oklahoma Wolf when it comes to PSU, he is a kind of a PSU guru :)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Speaking of the guru, new review this morning OW :) Thanks :)

Threads like these remind me of the fun times I had with crappy off-brand power supplies. Unfortunately we had to sell them... but I made sure our good customers never got them... but eventually we got better suppliers and phased them out and luckily didn't get any returns from them.

That PCB swapped PSU you just posted reminded of a time when someone bought a corsair PSU only to found out that the inside was swapped to a cheaper, POS PSU. The buyer didn't realized this and bashed Corsair.... well I think it was corsair. The PSU unit failed.

Threads like these remind me of the fun times I had with crappy off-brand power supplies. Unfortunately we had to sell them... but I made sure our good customers never got them... but eventually we got better suppliers and phased them out and luckily didn't get any returns from them.

That PCB swapped PSU you just posted reminded of a time when someone bought a corsair PSU only to found out that the inside was swapped to a cheaper, POS PSU. The buyer didn't realized this and bashed Corsair.... well I think it was corsair. The PSU unit failed.

I did the exact same thing in a couple of past jobs I had where I was a computer tech. One job we used these really cheap Deer power supplies, think they were 350 Watt, rated but probably would burn up at 100 watt, they had no weight to them, and incredibly cheap build quality. The other job they kept getting coolmax power supplies.

Wow, these mount seems to be hand cutted ! loll

You need to know one thing Arkade. Listen to Oklahoma Wolf when it comes to PSU, he is a kind of a PSU guru :)

http://www.jonnyguru.com/

Speaking of the guru, new review this morning OW :) Thanks :)

I'm Not gonna question his knowlage, i just found it pretty insteresting that a single picture and he identified it.

Found out today that PSU isn't a PCB swap... it's a PSU Xion sold as a 450 watt PSU with their cases a while back... haha.

Also, what is FSP known for, just curious.

Pretty much everything from very low end designs that low end companies put outrageous stickers on up to units that are really quite good.

Back