• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KDM PSU's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Aurums and Aurum Pros are solid. They aren't OMGOMGOMG generally, but good.
The NZXT HALE90 V2 series is made by FSP, though the design is partly NZXT.

Hey, Oklahoma Wolf, are you the same reviewer from Jonnyguru's site? If so, I am curious if you want me to ever take one of these KDM's from the crap pile and ship them over to you for a Little bit of a lab test/torture haha. I have 8 right now. They all keep coming here and I just want them gone.

Yes, I am. Just be aware that I only accept units that are new, and those units wouldn't be returned afterwards due to the extreme shipping hassles I tend to get being based in Canada.

Yes, I am. Just be aware that I only accept units that are new, and those units wouldn't be returned afterwards due to the extreme shipping hassles I tend to get being based in Canada.

Haha, I wouldn't want the damn thing back. And i'll see if we can rustle you up a new one. I'd assume one of our stupid techs has a new one lying around somewhere that I can "borrow and lose on the job", haha. Anyways, whenever you feel like it, let me know, and we can work out how I should mail you one. I'll probably do it when I return to the US.

EDIT: 1 I love those Sunmoon loadtesters. Where'd you get yours. I had one SM-8800 that died half a year ago, and I'd like to get a new load tester soon. Don't even ask how that thing died... I blame Airport security and that's that. Also am Jealous of your Rek. I think our meter came from the Dump, i'm Serious it's covered in a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:
One was jonnyGURU's original load tester, the other was an orphan from the BFG shutdown.

The Rek was an eBay purchase - cost me about $300 if I remember right. They're not hard to get. There's one auction listed right now, from the same people mine came from. It's no $2500 power analyzer, but it does the job.

One was jonnyGURU's original load tester, the other was an orphan from the BFG shutdown.

The Rek was an eBay purchase - cost me about $300 if I remember right. They're not hard to get. There's one auction listed right now, from the same people mine came from. It's no $2500 power analyzer, but it does the job.

I know the Rek isn't Expensive per say, but it's nice to see them. And how much did the BFG shutdown cause. I never looked into it. I was a BFG fan too.

I actually have this PSU running one of my spare machines.

Honestly it works excellently and I haven't had a problem with it.

It doesn't even get hot. I do have a dust cover on my case which keeps it from pulling in dust, so that helps.

Specs to the machine are-

Asus M5A97 board
AMD Fx-8350 4.0ghz overclocked to 4.8ghz
16gb RipjawsX (4x4gb) 1866mhz
Asus Radeon HD 7850 2gb x2 Crossfire
1tb HDD
5x 120mm fans
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Pro LCS

Well I've had it for several months now with no problems. That's not to say it's perfect in any way but it's served it's purpose and not failed on me so far, so from my own point of view I can say it at least hasn't been an issue.

I am planning to buy a Thermaltake one soon to replace it though. I pulled this one from a friends rig when he upgraded, he let me keep it.

If/when it fails, it may fry everything attached.
That's the problem with bad PSUs.
That and their lifespan is typically measured in months or less.

desperate for an update

Hi fellow O-clockers.

Any new info on this PSU??

Is it really 875w?

Any help would be appreciated.

Stay AWAY from those KDM's, they are nothin but trouble.

Back