• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN Parties Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

Hey guys. I know many of u attend LAN parties. unfortunatly there are none of which I know going around where I live, people even don't know what is it. Honestly even I dunno really what u do there? Playing, copying stuff/ sharing files?
How do u do it? get ur comps + monitors to where the party is?

Pretty much. You all gather at one location and play games, share files and shoot the ****. Oh, and don't forget. Eating lots of bad for you things. And drinking a couple cases worth of pop. (or soda, or soda pop, or coke. Whatever you want to call it. But it always has been and always will be pop to me. ;))

Hehee, though so. how many of u come together? generaly. I think even if I had a place where we could get together, none of us have cars to get our comps there easily, and anyway no one would.... They just don't understand how fun it is...

Prolly my comp would have to be the server :p...
Cause all the others are P-III 500, 533, 800.
K62 400
Celery 600...

I tend to do a LOT of LAN gaming simply because it is SUPER fun to talk the mess to the person you are smacking down in person!

Basically we use an old laptop for our DHCP server. We have a 24 port switch which leaves plenty of room for expandability. We usually just game in my buddies house and if we have more than 10, we set up tables in the garage.

It's a blast!

Also, you can check out http://www.lanparty.com for some great tips on starting your own LAN party.

I try to hit http://www.lantrocity.com (that is a LAN party in my local area) every chance I get...it is SOO much fun!

If any of you are in the Greensboro North Carolina area ( like a few here I know) ..We have a LAN party every other Weekend...the most we have had at one LAN party so far is 16..but the same people are there every party, If your interested in coming to a LAN party here..let me know...PM me... we play all sorts of games...RTCW, NASCAR 4 and 2k2, Red Alert Yuris revenge, Half Life, Unreal Tournement, Quake 3 Arena and Team Arena, Janes WWII Fighters..and so on...

I never went to a LAN party. I never hear of any in Chicago. The biggest ever was me and my cousin. We just play against each other. Whenever I go there I bring my computer and sleepover there. There is never any pop.:( One time I brought a 20oz. bottle of coke but that didnt last long.

*oh yeah, we play Unreal, Need for Speed III, Rogue Spear and thats it. We need to find some more games.

KaHNZa said:
. And drinking a couple cases worth of pop. (or soda, or soda pop, or coke. Whatever you want to call it. But it always has been and always will be pop to me. ;))

You must be from minnesota or some other midwest state cuz we are the only ones calling it pop.

m_mike_k said:
I never went to a LAN party. I never hear of any in Chicago. The biggest ever was me and my cousin. We just play against each other. Whenever I go there I bring my computer and sleepover there. There is never any pop.:( One time I brought a 20oz. bottle of coke but that didnt last long.

*oh yeah, we play Unreal, Need for Speed III, Rogue Spear and thats it. We need to find some more games.

Chicago Lan Party

I have a Lan party with some friends just about every weekend. Theres only 4-6 people there but trash talking is so much funner in person. And think you need more games, we usually just play UT for 8+ hours. Least I don't get called a cheater there :)

Visidex said:

Chicago Lan Party

I have a Lan party with some friends just about every weekend. Theres only 4-6 people there but trash talking is so much funner in person. And think you need more games, we usually just play UT for 8+ hours. Least I don't get called a cheater there :)

Links broken for me.:) I wish I had that many friends that are into computers. Its basically only my cousins that are into computers. Only one of my friends know about computers because he took a class on how to build them. He built an old pentium system that cost $20 for the whole thing! hahaha

I still call it pop!:)

Zuck Gou :) said:

Or Canada, Canadians call it pop.

Damn right we do! What the hell is this 'soda' you speak of?

LAN parties are the greatest! We can usually get about 6 or 8 ppl together and just game all night/trade files/trash talk/troubleshoot the network/geekspeak. It's hella-fun.

Gaming at LAN parties is great, I talk so much smack when I'm kicking people's asses!!! Normally come up with great combinations of swear words like, chicken **** %&$*ing **%$ face!!

The only LAN party experiene I have was when the school let us play games in the lab on the last day. Every computer (old 166mhz) was running quake 1 demo. The game was maxed out to 32 players. REALLY FUN. I might just hve one.

yeah my friends and i chipped in $25 and bought a 10baseT 8port hub. I've got 3 machines in my computer room (celly 566, celly 500, xp 1700) and every month or so we'll get together, usually about 5 of us and play rogue spear. (a couple friends come over with their computers so we get about 5 all together.)

Even though the rogue spear network code SUCKS @$$ it's still fun to LAN. We've got all the expansion packs and a bunch of mods so it's not too bad. We had to go with a low end game like RS 'cuz not everybody's computer can run stuff like ghost recon or tribes.

Yeah, it's nice to be able to play a game without lag, as you talk smack to your friend who you just headshot.

Just went to one last weekend, and theres another coming up end of this week (spring break):) About 10 people there.

Back