• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN Parties Q

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tons of fun, 4 is the minimum for LANs, 6 is better and depending on the game 8-12 is best. trash talkin', file sharin' loads of fun. it is always fun being the only one with a o/ced water cooled system at the party. only two rules

1. It has gotta be an overnight, otherwise it isn't worth the time to set up, my first party took three hour to get all the computer hooked up
2. Lots of games and pop. No soda crap just pop.

If you ever host one remind every to bring thier power strips and power cords. You can deal with forgetting a power strip, but at least one person forgets a power cord. Minnesota Baby! Twins up 7-6 in the 7th! No 8-6!

Me and a couple of buddies all pitched in along the way and have built 4 extra PC's from spare parts, discounted parts at wharehouse shows, - and of course the occasional retail buy. It all started for us with Duke Nukem and the computers have evolved along the way so that we currently play UT and Q3. What a blast!! Every year it seems like we get more and more people over at the house on our playing nights. it's problably the one thing that spurred my interest into building computers.

To 'The Coolest', my advice is - If you build it, they will come. Start small - scrap together one extra machine if you can and get one or two buds to start playing.......it spreads quickly

By the way, tons of pop.......and jelly beans:cool:

what do u guys think of the million man lan? there is one coming to LA and i dont know if i should make it my first lan or not.. seems a bit pricy for more then one night though

www.millionmanlan.com

Back