• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LE - BIOS update

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveI

Im a bit confused....
I am using the Radeon LE and win2k.
The 3Dmark2000 score is only 2567.

So I flashed the BIOS with the retail as mentioned in other links. It seemed to go through fine. I checked Radeon Tweaker and it shows the increased speed as 165/165. Then I updated the driver to the latest retail, win2k driver.

From the combination of steps I've taken, I would think my score should go up tremendously....
The 3Dmark score actually dropped to 2494!!!

Is this weird or what?
Can someone with the flashed LE tell me their scores before and after??

BTW, in win98 I was getting over 4000 but haven't run the bench there yet.

I am runny cel2@850 w/ 192M of RAM so these scores bite.

LE - BIOS update - Help Anyone?

I used radeon tweaker, to turn on hyperZ and the clock is at 165.

I re-ran the benchmark and the result is annoying. My score DROPPED to 2484!!!

The only thing left I can think of is the driver. Anyone have any suggestions for Win2K. What is the best video driver for the RadeonDDR w/ WIN2K?

BTW, all runs has the v4.31 of4in1.

SteveI.

I have not played with the w2k drivers for the Radeon,... which one were you using? www.rage3d.com has all of them for the picking, and you can search the forums for the ones that seem to be the best. The most recent drivers are performing near windows 98 specs (i hear).

On other thing, did you uninstall the previous Radoen driver, before installing the new one? Also, did you purge the reg file? Maybe your not getting Hyperz turned on or something.
AKDUDE

Back