• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Light gaming/Game developing machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So my main desktop is located in my bedroom, as its a gaming PC. My only other machine right now is my aging HP 8730W which is old and out of date. Plus it gets pretty toasty being all on all day. I have an extra SSD, z67 mobo, PSU, and a GTX 670 FTW sitting around. I found an I3-3220 for very cheap and am thinking about building a lightweight machine to use in my office space, but something with a bit more juice than my trusty old laptop. Now the GTX 670 is currently setup for water cooling, so I may wait to install it, or I might put the HS/F back on. If not Ill be using the iGPU until I get around to upgrading.

I figure RAM + CPU + CASE ~$100max

For general purpose use, some game compiling, working in multiple IDEs, and having a bunch of web tabs open, plus moderate gaming at 1200P or steamlink how well do you think this will do?

Alternately I can get a steam link for about $40 and just move my PC out to the office and still be able to game in my room.

Last edited:
"game developing" is a pretty open ended thing. What engine are you using? If you're using Unity you wouldnt need much, but crytech or unreal engine... you're gonna need some horsepower or youre gonna have a bad time lol

What is the communities thoughts on the I3 iGPU VS the very old Quadro 2700FX?

Back