• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look behind you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ploaf

You guys will want to see what just cropped up a few places down in the stats.
Team Rage3D. Last update they had one user turn in 170 points worth of protein with over 200 active cpus. Just a heads up and they are pretty happy about it. http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=33608471

Where are our sys admins with 200 cpus' (sniff)?
OK. Done crying. Just something to keep in mind. Anyone up to bribing whoever that is to come over here ;)

I figure that it must be one of two things happening there: either some sys admin at a nice sized school or business decided that folding is cool or someone on their team hacked the Stanford server.:eek: j/k

All I know is if this person keeps folding for them, then our #3 position is in real trouble.:eek: :eek:

Oddly enough they started coming out of nowhere on their own. They've been giving away goodies to fold for them. Imagine that. ;)

hey ploaf,

I am trying to get together a couple of duron 1ghz's to be full time folders. :D

that should up my stats a little bit.

*swears silently*

Right, I am going to try and get more systems folding. I NEED to get the school folding or we can kiss goodbye to #3 if this guy keeps going.

hmmm. Seems as if they don't even know who he is. That is one serious folder there! It's great that he/they are contributing to the cause(I just wish they would contribute under good ol' team #32 ;))

thats insane. 230 processors.

we're really getting smoked in the stats. we don't even have 300 active users. ahh.

I'll try to convince my school system administator to make our systems fold for us. We have a couple of hundred of CPUs at school, it should help us. Most of them are Pentium 2 266MHz, but we do have a couple of P3 650

THat would be awesome. We could use a couple of schools. It's just hard because we don't want anyone to get into trouble either.

minoukat said:
what do you mean get into trouble ? What trouble would asking schools be ?

There would only be trouble if you didnt ask and they didnt want it on their machines. If you ask them and they ok it then everything is good

minoukat said:
what do you mean get into trouble ? What trouble would asking schools be ?

Because it would be a piece of cake setting up in schools all over the place if people didn't ask for permission. A lot of schools say no or the request gets tied up somewhere in the process and an answer is just never given. We don't want any McOwen type of incidents here either.
Ebola and funnyperson know what I meant.
That wasn't directed your way really. It was more of a general statement about how hard it is to get school systems going by following the rules.

Asking is the right thing to do and you can't get into trouble for asking. :D Just hope that they say YES!

Finally got my 1.2 Duron up, that comp has nothing on it but virus protection, firewall and F@H2, oh yeah, and a NIC card. Don't even have a monitor or muose and keyboard connected. But it does fold 24/7. Go 32!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our schools systems administrator runs SETI 24/7 on a spare rig. He says he doesn't mind me running folding@home and considers it a good idea, but it would be better if I had the IT departments permission. They haven't replied - I have emailed them at least twice. I'll see what I can do next week.

*utters bad word that rhymes with stuck*

im seriously getting somewhere with my community colleges learning lab and math lab. something like 30 p/// 700 or higher mhz comps runnung 98se. hopefully, if so theyre all goin under my name!!! itll be a cold day in h ell before we lose #3...
-Malakai

Hey PF, When you sent in your request to the IT department, you did add that the school admin was participating, right....:D
That just might be the hook to spur their interest!:cool:

I've got a thought in the back of my mind, but the network is always having some form of problem or another...

The Pontiac dealership I'm at has PC's all over the place, most (if not all) with net access.... I know a bunch of them are P II rigs, but I know some are P///'s.

I haven't been there all that long yet, so I don't want to push my luck by asking so soon into my employ there. That, and all the problems that keep cropping up with the network, keep me from approaching the Owner of the dealership and asking.

The guy who more or less "maintains" the 'puters and network is our Service Manager (my immediate boss)...he's a 'puter techie" too...lol.

But knowin' my luck, he's a SETI boy...:rolleyes:

Something I'm working/waiting on...

Back