• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Look behind you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rage3d, although this is all in good fun, how would your production be without your mystery member?
a lot of our score is spread out and not trlying on one member for 50%+ of our score. but all FOLD ON ANYWAY!!!!
ps-im #116 and im getting ready to pass Shadow(if shadow on the stats is shadow the mod). I hope it is *evil laugh* Muahahahahaha:burn:
lol:D :D
-Malakai

Malakai said:
rage3d, although this is all in good fun, how would your production be without your mystery member?
a lot of our score is spread out and not trlying on one member for 50%+ of our score. but all FOLD ON ANYWAY!!!!
ps-im #116 and im getting ready to pass Shadow(if shadow on the stats is shadow the mod). I hope it is *evil laugh* Muahahahahaha:burn:
lol:D :D
-Malakai
Admittedly, he does make up a large percentage of our production. However, before he joined, we weren't exactly slacking. We weren't doing as well as you guys, but we were still one of the top producers. This is more of an achievement than you think, because 1920x1080i-How??? is our first sysadmin. All of the rest of our power comes from individuals. If you took away the corporate power from us, it would look somewhat like you guys if the same happened to your multiple big producers. Except we would still have a higher percentage of active folders. ;)

please guys who cares who is in what place... it is folding. The top team doens't always have the best computers, might not be putting out the most FPS, all they are doing is just letting a program do a little work. Nothing more and nothing less. I would think that is would be imortant to some of you that at least all the members of these two teams (oc and Rage) decided to fold at one point-- and i would hope it would be for the cause and not the numbers. Like i said in another post, if my grandmother or anyone i know benefits from us folding(everyone) that she would be just so anxious to know what team helped her the most:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Time for a little mathematics:
Rage3D
702 users, 244 active = 34.76% active.
Top 5 users make up 27.45% of total score.

Overclockers.com
789 users, 249 acive = 31.56% active
Top 5 users make up 19.80% of total score.

From this we can see that although team Rage3D has a higher %age of active users, their top 5 make up over a quarter of their score. If the top 5 users stopped, Rage3Ds production would slow down a lot. However, our top 5 make up less than a fifth of total score. We would suffer less from the loss of our top 5. And Stanman has stopped folding for us, so we are already at a disadvantage.

Our top 82 users all have scores of 500+.
Only your top 44 all have scores of 500+

As we can see, our stats are more 'resilient' - we could lose a few of our best folders and survive better than if Rage 3D, relying on fewer members for more production, lost their best few members.

As I repeat many times, we are only 4th when you over take us. And that is not yet certain to happen.

As always, good luck to all teams - including Rage3D.

JasonQG said:
Except we would still have a higher percentage of active folders. ;)

Yep, he's right. This is what bugs me about our team; we have too many dormant members. If you look on the roster and see who has 0 active CPUs, see if you remember seeing them in these forums recently and PM them asking about their status. Mention something about the increasing ferocity of the competition and maybe it'll spur them to start folding again.

donny_paycheck said:

Yep, he's right. This is what bugs me about our team; we have too many dormant members. If you look on the roster and see who has 0 active CPUs, see if you remember seeing them in these forums recently and PM them asking about their status. Mention something about the increasing ferocity of the competition and maybe it'll spur them to start folding again.

The problem is that a lot of peoples folding IDs are different from their member names. ie, I am 'David' at the forums but my folding ID is 'dnelson1'.

A little update, this guy already has 370 Active procs, that's an amazing number, maybe he worx for Intel or AMD??? :p

David said:
Time for a little mathematics:
Rage3D
702 users, 244 active = 34.76% active.
Top 5 users make up 27.45% of total score.

Overclockers.com
789 users, 249 acive = 31.56% active
Top 5 users make up 19.80% of total score.
I can't argue with the math, but I was thinking of it in a different way. We only have three members with scores over 3000, while you guys have eight. We have fewer big producers than you, but one of ours sorta makes up for it by being really, really big. It was kinda cool before 1920x1080i-How??? joined, because we were keeping up with the big boys just by overwhelming them with little guys.

In any case, it doesn't really matter to me how the folding gets done. We could sit here all week coming up with different ways to compare our teams. In the end, we're the 3rd and 4th biggest teams out there. That's something to be proud of, no matter how you slice it.

Teams can be hundreds of people of just 1 farmer. It doesn't really matter how the team is structured as long as the folding is getting done.

At ocau out current highest weekly producer is only doing 670 a week. but we have 31 people doing 100+ so we still get good amounts of work done.

cheers fold on

Back