• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a SL6Z5 (NEW)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

galador

Any online retaiers still sell it? If so please let me know or send me a linky. I want one sooooo bad.

You're considerably late... The M0 steppings were awesome in their first month or so; most of the later ones are really no different than their D-stepping counterparts. The latest M0 stepping processors are even, in some cases, overclocking worse than others.

If you truly want an M0 stepping 2.8C, you probably want one of the first ones out -- ie, used.

Thanx for the info Alburquerque. sooooo, I heard the Newegg are mostly selling the SL6WT. Anybody got any comments and that chips O/Cing capabilities?

hmm

I got SL6Z5 2003 51 week Costa Rica ... any infos about that chip?

It is almost stable at 243FSB (3.4GHz) i mean 3dmark2003 and 2001 passes , Aquamark3 passes also , Prime95 stops with an error after about 20 min (Stock cooling , default Vcore (bios=1.525,CPU-Z = 1.504) [tested 1 day after buying ; ) ]

At 230FSB (3.2) and all is very fine .All on Abit IC7-G.

Maybe You right , it's all that this chip can do ... Ppl were able to go 3.6Ghz at default Vcore with SL6Z5 but what with stability ?
Any thoughts?

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Gouda; the best current overclockers seem to be the SL6WU and SL6WK steppings of the 3.0C... Mine will do 3.6ghz/240FSB on stock voltage, and is doing 3.75ghz/250FSB on 1.65v. It can post at 3.85ghz/257FSB on 1.75v, but I really don't want to push it there because it gets pretty hot at that speed under my relatively paltry cooling (a total of five fans in my entire system, to include the one in my powersupply, my northbridge, and my video card.)

I also have one of the earliest SL6Z3 2.4C's that will do 3.4ghz/284FSB on stock voltage, and will do 3.54ghz/295FSB on 1.6v stable. The only problem is, my motherboard isn't 3D stable at that FSB speed; I get AGP tearing problems (common to several motherboards to include Abit and Asus) at that excessive FSB speed. The poor processor outruns what my motherboard can deal with :(

redXII yeah i have a SL6Z5 doing 3644 mhz (fsb 260) everyday and will do 3.7+ for benchies with a little more than stock vcore 1.6:D (btw sure it would do more with a volt droop mod)

its a 2003 pack date 12/07/2003 Costa Rica dunno what week it is :confused:

but yeah i have read the same the latest Z5's just are'nt doing it and would go for a 3.0c WU or WK they seems to be the most popular atm....good luck!!;)

Back