• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for flow sensor adapters/fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Railgun

i have no idea why I'm having such a hard time finding these things....but I'm looking for these...

https://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Bitspower-flow-sensor-14-inch-matte-black_35744.html

The adapters/fittings, not the indicator/sensor itself.

What I have now is basically twice as long as these, hence looking for the adapters themselves to shorten the length a bit. In this case, Bitspower doesn't seem to sell them separately that I can find, and others are either not available in black or the wrong dimensions for what I need.

If anyone has a suggestion, or an obvious place I've missed, I'm open to suggestions. Preferably UK/EU, but at least a link to a US shop will get me pointed in the right direction.

TIA...

Those look to be designed to have other fittings like a barb screwed into them. Are you just looking for the receiving part?

Not sure I'm getting it. They look like just female G1/4 like you would see in a block, except made out of brass and somehow fused to the plastic.

Sorry...this should hopfully make it more clear. The below is what I already have. I can't for the life of me remember the make of the sensor, but that's the fitting that came with it.

i-3G7CB7H-X2.jpg

It's not a fused piece; definitely screw on. I'm 99% sure it's technically G1/2 to G1/4, but I can't seem to find much beyond normal plumbing gear.

It's not a fused piece; definitely screw on. I'm 99% sure it's technically G1/2 to G1/4, but I can't seem to find much beyond normal plumbing gear.
Judging by your pic it sure does seem like that has a bunch of unnecessary parts. Any time I needed something like that I went with the standard brass barb from the hardware store. The G1/4 get to be huge so I wouldn't use it on a tube somewhere because of the weight though.

I did find this at PPCS that might work. It wouldn't remove much length but would at least take that last small piece out because the barb/fitting could screw directly in. The size might be wrong for your piece but PPCS has the other sizes too.

Thanks for the link. The bottom piece is the hard tube fitting, I just had the cover off. That will stay. The middle piece is necessary in this case given the sensor is the 1/2" size.

So for the adapter itself, instead of an extension so to speak for the g1/4 thread, it would be recessed into the fitting itself, cutting the overall length by about half.

I'd used this in the previous config, albeit on the bottom of the case. In this instance, I'll be putting it on the top side of the loop. I'm not worried about the weight so much, and it will work with the fittings I have, but I'd rather have a bit more tube, and a lot less fitting.

So to close this off here, I bit the bullet and picked up the Bitspower flow sensor.
A7AFA557-2A9F-4477-ABEB-1196AEB6BA4B.jpeg

It would work better in some respects, but the output needs to be converted/is just RPM so may be useless. But, the fittings are what’s important. This is what I was getting at...

151AE668-86A0-4A8E-A41F-DD317A6D47BA.jpeg

Nice and short. And on the old sensor compared to the old fitting...

91EE374E-E782-4D5C-AFEB-4119FEAEA59C.jpeg

So...there ya have it.

Back