• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Marathon: February CineBench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah.. 3930k = 3 points... shooting for 2 here.

No idea on the table bmw... sorry.

I'm honestly giving thought to buying a 3930k rig for this competition. However, knowing my luck, I'll get a bad chip that won't go over 5500. Then I'll have spent $800 or so, and I'm still not ahead of MetalRacer. :rain:

I'm honestly giving thought to buying a 3930k rig for this competition. However, knowing my luck, I'll get a bad chip that won't go over 5500. Then I'll have spent $800 or so, and I'm still not ahead of MetalRacer. :rain:

See, at least you're far enough up in points that it would be (somewhat) reasonable to buy a rig just for this competition. I missed the first month and am buried for the overall, but I've had this sitting in my shopping cart all night thinking about hitting purchase:

bmrig_zps4002b349.jpg

:shrug:

Just tried the 955 I got the other day, and the damn thing won't pass wp32 @4.1hgz on 1.55v, guess its going straight on eBay :( , no monthly comps for this chip.

See, at least you're far enough up in points that it would be (somewhat) reasonable to buy a rig just for this competition. I missed the first month and am buried for the overall, but I've had this sitting in my shopping cart all night thinking about hitting purchase:

bmrig_zps4002b349.jpg

:shrug:

If you do buy a 2011 rig, please don't waste your money on those parts. :p

Everywhere is sold out of the Rampage boards! :(

The memory was questionable... but the overkill on the "X" processor instead of just going with the 3930k was partially with hopes of having a smaller pool of people to compete against on HWBot. :p

Having a smaller pool of people to compete against is actually shooting yourself in the foot with the way the point system works. The more submissions of said product in said bench, the more boints there are going to be.

If you do buy a 2011 rig, please don't waste your money on those parts. :p

Uber expensive POS ram is not a good idea...
Get 4gb sticks, max, and get a 4x4 2666mhz cl10 kit.
G.skill is cheaper, and uses the same ic.
Also, get a Rampage IV Gene at least, Extreme would be better, but Sabertooth is just MEH stuff and overpriced too.
3930k as Joe said, instead of 3960/70x.

Also, it would be a good idea to use that beast for 3d stuff with multi gpus for some massive boints, apart from the multithreaded stuff ofc.

Exactly. I love the idea of getting a 3930k rig (I'm giving it thought myself, but I don't know how great resale would be), but I would be looking at something like the ASrock Extreme 6 (last I checked it was on sale for less than the Extreme 3), 16Gb of cheap-ish 1866 ram (since 2011 isn't exactly known for amazing ram overclocking), and a 3930k because it's the cheapest unlocked 2011 chip. :shrug:

Ps. Newegg has all the different rampage boards in stock. If you're going to pay sales tax (which you have to with Amazon), you might as well pay it to Newegg and get it shipped to you in one day. :thup:

Intel| MetalRacer|3930k|SS|16.15

I’m inching my way toward that gold cup.
http://www.hwbot.org/submission/2351960_

Capture002 (2).jpg

Yep, I was talking about em...and yup, don't we love OT?

Back on multithread and cinebench though.
Any idea if this will give boints eventually? I like this bench :p
I hope so, it is a good bench and currently in beta phase.

It has been out long enough and I don't think anyone has found a way to make it worthless like they have in PCMark 05.

Well I'm glad that I started posting here.... it might have saved me about a grand in wasted components then...

I'm an Asus Fanboy.... the Sabertooth R2.0 has seemed to stack right up to the Crosshair VFZ on the AMD side so far. It's pretty obvious that I'm about 10% as informed on Intel builds as I am with the AM3/AM3+ stuff. Gonna not jump the gun and do some more research. Will look at the 3930k more closely.

I don't see how this thread could possibly stay on topic this early in the month- I think we've already seen that everyone is holding back until the 27th or 28th to go all-in with their scores. :popcorn:

Well I'm glad that I started posting here.... it might have saved me about a grand in wasted components then...

I'm an Asus Fanboy.... the Sabertooth R2.0 has seemed to stack right up to the Crosshair VFZ on the AMD side so far. It's pretty obvious that I'm about 10% as informed on Intel builds as I am with the AM3/AM3+ stuff. Gonna not jump the gun and do some more research. Will look at the 3930k more closely.

I don't see how this thread could possibly stay on topic this early in the month- I think we've already seen that everyone is holding back until the 27th or 28th to go all-in with their scores. :popcorn:

I don't like that style of competition. :( When I get my scores, I post the best one I have. And then if someone does better, kudos to them for taking me down. :thup:

Sand bagging scores is for people who don't think their best is THE best. Man up and take it. :chair:

lol, or everybody is lazy and doesn't get around to benching till the last moment :p

Back