• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Media Card Reader

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frodo Baggins

Very quick question that I'm hoping has a quick answer: My 5 in 1 media card reader won't detect my camera's SD media card for some reason. This is a recent problem, and it's had no problems a month or so ago.

The thing was plug and play so there were no drivers. I have tested the USB drive also on the reader and it works fine.

I'm not sure what to do...

Last edited:
I would say start by testing the card in another reader just to ensure thats not the problem, if you have one available to test in.

The SD part of the reader might have died (or it might not have), but since those things are so cheap anyways, I'd get a new one and forget troubleshooting if it takes too long.

Oh hell. I fixed the problem. Dunno what it was though. I turned off the PC, shut off the power to the mobo, wiggled the USB connectors, and it detected my SD card on bootup.

Thanks anyways.

Back