• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Missing Mystery Drivers from Asus TUF GAMING B460-PRO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twisted4000

Last night I upgraded my system with a new motherboard, CPU and new RAM and installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit onto it. I installed all of the drivers for the motherboard from Asus's website, but even after that and all of the other components' drivers being installed, I'm still left with 3 mystery drivers in the Device Manager that seem to be uninstalled. Got all of the Windows updates done, too.

unknown drivers.jpg

PCI Memory Controller (Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A3A1&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00)
SM Bus Controller (Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A3A3&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00)
Unknown Device (Hardware ID: root\LogiGamePanelVirtualBus)

My specs:

OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
CPU - Intel i9-10850k @ 3.60Ghz 10-Core
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 @ 2933MHz Dual-Channel
GPU - GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER
Motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING B460-PRO
PSU - Corsair CX650M (650w)
Storage - Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (OS Installed)
WD Blue NAND 500GB SSD
2x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
3.5TB Total

Any ideas? Thank you.

I would guess it is chipset drivers that are missing

I went through this same problem with my ASUS 490 Strix. Trying to remember what exactly it was but I believe dejo is right that it was something to do with the chipset. A piece of it that didn't install right even though I downloaded right from ASUS. I usually don't install the random addon software but I seem to remember I had to use ASUS EZ Update to get everything installed correctly. Don't hold me to it but I would start there.

One other issue I had: I was using an older Windows installer causing driver install issues. Once I made a new USB installer from Microsoft and used that it fixed it though. How old is your Windows installer?

Thank you for all of your responses.

I figured it out. On the website in the chipset driver area, I had to click "See All Downloads" underneath it and there was this one extra driver that was about 5MB and installing it solved the problem.

Thanks again!

Last night I upgraded my system with a new motherboard, CPU and new RAM and installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit onto it. I installed all of the drivers for the motherboard from Asus's website, but even after that and all of the other components' drivers being installed, I'm still left with 3 mystery drivers in the Device Manager that seem to be uninstalled. Got all of the Windows updates done, too.

View attachment 212355

PCI Memory Controller (Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A3A1&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00)
SM Bus Controller (Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A3A3&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00)
Unknown Device (Hardware ID: root\LogiGamePanelVirtualBus)

My specs:

OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
CPU - Intel i9-10850k @ 3.60Ghz 10-Core
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB (32GB) DDR4 @ 2933MHz Dual-Channel
GPU - GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER
Motherboard - ASUS TUF GAMING B460-PRO
PSU - Corsair CX650M (650w)
Storage - Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (OS Installed)
WD Blue NAND 500GB SSD
2x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB
3.5TB Total

Any ideas? Thank you.

It's strange that Windows 7 with socket 775 motherboards don't have such issue, and a late version of Windows 10 having that type of issue with an Intel 10th gen motherboard.

I know that for AMD, it's similar to Windows XP and earlier, must go to chipset maker's website and get the drivers from there.

It really wasn't a Windows issue though. It was the ASUS website not listing the right file, or the complete file as the most recent. I think that is why I had to use their EZ update software unfortunately.

It's strange that Windows 7 with socket 775 motherboards don't have such issue, and a late version of Windows 10 having that type of issue with an Intel 10th gen motherboard.

I know that for AMD, it's similar to Windows XP and earlier, must go to chipset maker's website and get the drivers from there.

windows 7 came out a couple years after 775 was introduced, so having most of the chipset drivers cooked in was pretty likely, just like windows 10 has drivers cooked in for most systems before 10th gen... 10th gen just now released so its likely that the drivers are going to come out with an update after microsoft has vetted them stable across their platform.

windows 7 came out a couple years after 775 was introduced, so having most of the chipset drivers cooked in was pretty likely, just like windows 10 has drivers cooked in for most systems before 10th gen... 10th gen just now released so its likely that the drivers are going to come out with an update after microsoft has vetted them stable across their platform.

7 didn't give me grief, even with the Asus Maximus II Gene, which, (at least mine) is from 2009! That's very late for socket 775! I think one of the last DDR2 motherboards on this planet, FYI!

Albeit, it's the same P45 chipset (and ICH10R southbridge) which likely came out in 2008.

Back