• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most Addicting Game Ever

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hrm I would have to say several of the MUDs I played dominated my life for a few years.AC & DAOC did the same, although not to the same extent.

Diablo II was like crack for a while, although I didn't crawl into a cave to play it for years on end so I don't think its the most addicting to me.

...over 2 years now on Return to Castlewolfenstein......

However, I'm into the free expansion: Enemy Territory.....I can't seem to get away from this thing...wait, I should go play now!

Games I still play, after finishing them many many times, in order of Play

Deus Ex GOTY
(The Original DeusEx. DeusEx The Invisible War is very very different, very consolish, I'm still undecided about it)

And Civ anything, the best answer I have to devestating productivity for 12 - 20 Hours.

hmmm and Lemmings, I still have Lemmings installed, what 10 years later? (I purchased it on the Amiga first) And I still try and guide the poor bobbin heads to safety.

"Oh noooo POP!" still makes me chuckle.

Good golly, could it truly be that Lemmings is the most addictive game I've ever played?

[shudder] scary.

Paul.

Well for those that remember I would say Elite. I never knew that there was no ending to that game till a decade after the 586 died !

Tetris definatly,
BeJeweled is another

the Helocopeter game refered to in the first post is called "flight tight" on Samsung Cell phones, I have it, and play it more then I talk on my Cell phone, and I have unlimited minutes and a long distance girl friend

I totally forgot Elite... Elite II is better though. I wish there could come a DX9 remake.

I would definately have to say Tribes 2. It is an online game (has bots but they suck) that you can play on widescale maps. There are many maps to pick from and it comes with a map editor which means more are being released everyday. There are also about 100+ servers so your bound to find one you like (try the LOD katabatic). You can play with up to 64 players and with the addition of a good amount of vehicles it makes for some serious team play action. It is also not held back by bandwidth, I have 56k and this game runs great! It has a learning curve but not so steep you will want to stop playing it because it's too hard, but once you master the game (if thats possible :eek: ) you feel like a god when you run around and disc people out of the air. The game includes a jetpack which adds a whole new dimesion to the game making for some intense CTF play (the main game type).

I'm not a huge fan of RPG's but I still do play them. I have played Tribes 2 for 2 years and have never gotten tired of it, the only reason I don't play now is because my installation got corrupted and I don't have time to fix it or play it for that matter with school and such.

Now, if you wanted an RPG I would definately say to go with KOTOR for XBOX. My brother rented this game and it was amazing. We had it out for 5 days and I played for 5 days.

Last edited:
deRusett said:

the Helocopeter game refered to in the first post is called "flight tight" on Samsung Cell phones, I have it, and play it more then I talk on my Cell phone, and I have unlimited minutes and a long distance girl friend

HAHAHAHAAHAHA thats awsome.

probably deus ex, only game i have beeten mnore than i beat HL, i think i tried to beat it as a sniper, "thief", heavy guner, on easy medium and hard for each class type, then i tried to do it without killing anyone.

Tnick24 said:
What would you say? On top of my list would be:
Elasto mania
CS
that helecopter game(I think its like a java or Flash game)
CIVILIZATION III

played it for 20 hours straight, then 16 hours straight then took a break for a day... whew! then played for loik 20 hours straight again.

ONCE YOU START YOU CANNOT STOP!

one of the best games ever. i wish the multiplayer civ vs. the world would have worked.
@#$%^$#$$%$%^@

:)

Oh, forgot about...
Dune 2(dune 2000). Had me stuck for hours. Skipped school and everything. Survived on orange juice and marlboro the first time I beated the game...

Back