• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most boneheaded OCF member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
not seeing a barb wire fence, since it was all grown over, and plowing in it on my dirtbike at about 30mph. It pulled the wire off the post, but it didnt break. I almost flew off lol. It scrached my leg, arms, and stomach petty badly. Im glad I had my helmet on, or it could got my face. I learned my lesson: dont go fast in tall grass when its almost dark outside LOL

taking my watercooling apart and leaving the pump on! made a nice mess on my desk luckily none of the water hit my computer.

My last good boneheaded move was using a computer chair to hang a very large heavy picture. Don't worry the picture is ok. :thup:

I was doing good standing on it until it kinda moved out from under my feet. I did a true belly flop on the floor. The picture fell on my monitor, burnt it out. The wall is dented and has some ugly marks on it.

That is not the worst part. I broke my thumb and had a roofing/painting job to do the next day. Did I go to the dr., nope I just toughed it out and went to work the next day.
I am too old for stunts like this... lol Now I just move stuff out of the way.

To this day my wife laughs everytime I say I broke my thumb.

Oh and one more. I pulled the male co-ax out of the back of my tv. I wanted to skoot the tv a lil and used the cable to drag it with....oopps I wondered why the cable got real light all the sudden, until I seen the hole in the back of the set.

Last edited:
Just remembered one ;)

Once i was spinning on my computer chair (As you do :D ) and i swung round and smacked into my MMC card reader (Which is attached to my desk, so the MMC card sticks out when inserted) and needless to say.. my 256mb card died :(

lets see...

failed 2 straight semesters of college... estimated loss: $31,000
baby brother (6 years ago) whacked me in the eye when i was holding him + i (being absolutly f****** stupid and inexperienced with babies) dropped him - he was fine and is still fine but i feel awful to this minute
didnt put a clamp on my pump when i was WCing, tubing came loose + shot water all over my mobo (it still works fine though)
didnt put a ring of sealstring b/t the prommie head and the mobo bracket... leaked water all over my $260 vid card and $160 mobo, water got into my CPU socket and on the CPU pins... still works though
played SWG for ~1.5 years (star wars galaxies... did make $1100 on my acct though)... which caused me to f-up my baseball career / academic career (i was recruited by ACC colleges but grades weren't up to par w/ my SATs {1420 / 1600})

and somehow i always seem to think of what i SHOULD have said in cases where i hurt people's feelings... far after i said the exact WRONG thing.

**edit** and i always find a way of saying too much :bang head :bang head :bang head

looking for my sunglasses everywhere around the house :-/ , 30 minuts later i realize that i already put them on :bang head

(A couple weeks ago) First day of class I've been late 40 minuts (overslept) ok it happens to everyone but not when the class is at 2pm :rolleyes:

zematis said:
looking for my sunglasses everywhere around the house :-/ , 30 minuts later i realize that i already put them on :bang head

(A couple weeks ago) First day of class I've been late 40 minuts (overslept) ok it happens to everyone but not when the class is at 2pm :rolleyes:

heh the best is when you mess up your sleep cycle so bad, you wake up at 2 from a nap, go to get some lunch and realize its 2 AM :cool:

Decided to cut a tree branch off, as it hangs over my new fence I put up. Got out the extension ladder and chainsaw. :rolleyes:

I start teh chainsaw, climb up to about ten feet off the ground and proceed to cut the branch. Now this is no small branch, probably six inches in diameter. I cut from the top and it snaps and falls, but is still attached to the tree. So I finish cuting it, and the branch slid across the tree trunk, hit the ladder and sent me and a running chainsaw falling to the ground.

The ladder came to rest on another tree branch about five feet below me, but my momentum kept me going and I bent the ladder and kinda rode it to teh ground. I kept the arm witht eh cainsaw out as far away as possible from me, but half way down my arm hit another tree branch and I dropped the chainsaw. Luckily it landed far enough away, that when I landed it was a couple feet away, still running.

I am darn lucky I did not cut off a limb, or spear myself on something. I did have a huge bruise on my one arm for a couple months. My wife still laughs if I mention it.

BC|Wulf said:
I kept the arm witht eh cainsaw out as far away as possible from me, but half way down my arm hit another tree branch and I dropped the chainsaw. Luckily it landed far enough away, that when I landed it was a couple feet away, still running.

Wow. I thought chainsaws usually had some protection of sorts? I mean, the last one i worked with had a button you had to press before it would work and it would stop upon release..also there was a plate next to the blade that would stop the saw when something touched it...

BC|Wulf said:
My wife still laughs if I mention it.

Wives will gripe you to death to do chores, then when you get hurt they "lol" you to death... Glad I am not the only one.
Most 'saws' have a safety feature built into them. If you let go they stop the cutting chain. When you fall the first reaction is to "grab". Once the saw leaves your paws it will activate the safety. The husky(Husqvarna) is a bit better for safety than the others. (It is rather redundant, but very good.)

Last edited:
Back