• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most boneheaded OCF member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well got 3 ones...

1) Some how managed to put some of my old OCZ PC3200 Ram in backwards in the socket and powered the machine up. Sparks, a slight burning smell and after powering it down and trying to yank the modules out (DAMN they where hot) it amazingly still worked in the mobo and all! Don't know what was the stupidest part, putting it in backwards or trying to remove an extremely hot ram module.

2) I did this 2 times and one was just this past weekend. Not plugging the floppy drive power connector in all the way. Where its just hanging there basically. Well sparks, smell and a swift power down came both times, and of course I just fried the drive and nothing else. Now I resort to USB flash drives if I need to boot into dos, or flash my board or anything.

3) Water cooling system started leaking, well and the res was right above a harddrive. Since it was formating I didn't want to do a hard shut down since it was soo close to finishing. So put paper towels under it, and kept doing it til it was done, well powered off the system, and then it started leaking by my pump. Well stupid me I pulled the tube, and woosh all over my case, fans, mobo, drive cables, keyboard (it still works today) and all over my desk. Ya a lovely scent of waterwetter and antifreeze was in my room for a while. Thank god we oppted to leave the old carpet in the apartment when we moved it, because that would of been a fee.

threeme2189 said:
ohh yeah i just remembered. i meet people that know me and i don't know them because i forget who they are.

That happened to me a week or so back when I went to this warehouse to make a pickup, and this guy who says he used to work at the same place I just quit comes up to me and starts talking to me like I'm supposed to remember him. I had a vague recollection, but just kind of nodded my head and went, "Oh, hey how's it going?" I barely remember him at all, LOL! :shrug:

Back in the day (around 8yrs. old), I wanted some left over Arby's roast beef sandwiches for lunch. If anyone has ever eaten at Arby's, you know the roast beef sandwiches are wrapped in some type of foil wrap. Well, I was hungry and just threw them into the microwave on high for a minute as they were (still wrapped in foil). About 15 seconds in, I start smelling something that doesn't resemble roast beef in any way. I run to the microwave to see sparks and flame shooting out from the foil wrap. At this point, Mom runs in to see what's going on, and tries to save my sandwiches (actually she wanted to save the microwave...but I didn't realize this until she threw my sandwiches into the sink and doused them with water). I recieved the lesson about metals and the microwave and had to settle for pb&j for lunch.

Fast forward about 3 years. Walking around with a few of my friends, we stumble across a lighter. We start lighting a bunch of little stuff on fire and putting it out...loving the power we thought we had. My friends get called in for lunch and I'm left by myself with a lighter......bad combination. I start looking for more stuff that will burn. I notice that one of my neighbors left their garage door open. Cool...gotta have something to burn in there. Sure enough, oily rag. Nice! Still needs something more. I spot a flammable symbol on a can of lighter fluid. Perfect!!! Toss the rag in the middle of the (thankfully concrete) garage and douse it with the ENTIRE can of lighter fluid...leaving a trail so I'm not too close. Lit it, watched the trail of fluid ignite and race towards the rag. FWOOOMMMM!!!!! Huge flames are now burning hotter and higher than any of the stuff we burned before (duh). The neighbor of the guys garage I'm in spots the activity from the window and yells down at me. Oh no! My moms gonna kill me!!! Try to stomp the fire out (worked for everything else). turns out my shoe was untied and the fire started working its way up my laces. Luckily, the neighbor came down with a fire extinguisher, put out the fire and my foot. Not so lucky was the fact that she pulled me all the way to my house (a whole 4 doors down) and told my mom what I was doing. Grounded until I'm in college.

Fast forward 6 or 7 months. Early pardon for good behavior. I walk down to the convenience store that's about 1/4 mile from my house. Walk in and head straight to the football card section. As usual, stick 2 packs into my pocket. Start thinking about how I haven't been caught and this is too easy. I grab 16, yes sixteen packs and stuff them into every pocket (to the point that I had to hold 5 packs in my hands and pull them into my long-sleeved shirt. Casually walk to the door and get stopped because of the loud crinkling coming from my person with every single move. The cashier empties my pockets and asks how old I am. I tell him 12 and he gives me my options. 1. Call my mom or 2. Call the cops. I ask for the police, but he needs to call my mom since I'm a minor (it was a trick...*******). After 3 fake telephone numbers, I finally and reluctantly give him my phone number and my mom RUNS down to the store. She would have drove, but when she exploded, half the house and the car were in the blast zone (remember I just got ungrounded for being an arsonist). My mom takes me to the cops and tells them to lock me up...which scares the hell out of me. She cools down and says she'll take me home, but I need some judicial discipline for the actions I have taken. 7 years of probation follow...and as far as I can remember, I was grounded for all of it.

Moral of the stories, think before you act. If I would've unwrapped the arby's sandwiches and put them on a paper plate, I wouldn't have had pb&j for lunch that day. If I would've stuck to burning pine cones and spiders, my shoes wouldn't have melted. If I would've stuck to the usual 2 packs of cards, I would not have had a record at the age of 12. Everything in moderation.

I once put a pop tart in the microwave at my riding barn and accidentally hit 0 twice (touchpads were extremely flaky; 2 minutes instead of 20 seconds).

Putting myself in the running with the microwave for flakiness, I (utterly absorbed in a book as per usual) failed to notice what had been done until the smoke detector went off. Luckily it didn't spread outside the "office". The director said she was going to shellac and frame the ex-pop-tart as a reminder of the microwave's issues. I never did find out if she actually did so.

I once started agitating when i couldn't find my glasses. I then realized i was wearing them.

A few days ago, I woke up, took a shower, and got ready to leave thinking it was 5:45. I later realized it was 1:45.

After my school's championship football game (I was center), we went to Lampost pizza to celebrate and mourn winning 2nd place in the tournament. I decided to get some red pepper on my pizza, and one of my friends handed me a pepper shaker. When I poured it on, the cap fell off and my plate and pizza were covered in a half inch of red pepper. But the stupid part is I ate all of that in 2 bites. My face started sweating, and the next morning on the toilet..

this is all i can remember so far.

I was dared to stick my finger in a fan once..i did..and broke my friends CPU fan in teh process (not the same as mine, i was too lazy to turn it off to check and see if my case fan was screwd in right LOL)

I put this one in the clumsiest ocforums member thread, but once i was in a cabin with a bunch of friends, and i put my hand on the furnace and burned it.

I have a habit of jumping staircases, and one time i jumped an entire staircase, but slipped my landing and hit the railing hard with my face. This gave my friends the idea that i'm crazy, which is the truth.

At school, we were playing football, and on the kickoff return, i tried to block this one kid on the other team. Bad idea. He's pretty tall for his age at 6"2, while i'm 5"8. his elbow smashes into my face and cut my lip pretty bad.

One time i tried a new dressing for a salad i was making with soy sauce. I learned that lettuce and soy don't mix.

funny thing when i was younger it was my sisters bday and i was looking for a hand me down. i kept running up and down the stairs to find something for her. Well i finally found what i wanted to give her and i ran as fast as my little legs could and boom boom boom! i fell down the stairs and stood up and ran around trhen past out. stood up ran around in circles and plop passed out again. did this two more times than i wake up in the hospital with a bruised lung. haha what luck. soooo hurtful to breath.

Also when i got my opty i had already put it into my mobo and i was running around for about 30 minutes trying to fnid the damn proccessor

primuslesler said:
funny thing when i was younger it was my sisters bday and i was looking for a hand me down. i kept running up and down the stairs to find something for her. Well i finally found what i wanted to give her and i ran as fast as my little legs could and boom boom boom! i fell down the stairs and stood up and ran around trhen past out. stood up ran around in circles and plop passed out again. did this two more times than i wake up in the hospital with a bruised lung. haha what luck. soooo hurtful to breath.

Also when i got my opty i had already put it into my mobo and i was running around for about 30 minutes trying to fnid the damn proccessor

ADHD? Lol, I never knew a person to run around like that roflmao.

Guys... i have one to add...

while working at installing new POS machines in a JCPenney's in Mansfield, OH (a 6 hour drive from where I live in Central WV), I forgot to unplug one of the old POS machines and went to cut the power cord without checking to see if the power was out to that kiosk.... needless to say, after the fireworks show quieted down and I came to, my teammate (we were in 'teams' of 2) was laughing at me, and had the others called over and all of them were laughing at me....

then when my dad asked why his new side-cutters that i borrowed from him had a huge hole blown in them, I had to tell him why.... and HE Laughed at me!

LOL.... not exactly clumsy enough to go in my thread, but boneheaded for sure.

TollhouseFrank said:
then when my dad asked why his new side-cutters that i borrowed from him had a huge hole blown in them, I had to tell him why.... and HE Laughed at me!

LOL.... not exactly clumsy enough to go in my thread, but boneheaded for sure.

This sounds very close to the time I was trying to screw a loose cover plate over an electrical socket in this place I was working (years ago), and the socket arced pretty good, and I jumped back quicker than I thought was physically possible. When I picked up the phillips-head, I noticed it had a good sized hole in the middle of the driver part. I had never seen anything like it. Turn off the power? I don't think the store manager would have appreciated that while the store was open...but in retrospect, it might've been a good idea to at least find the breaker for THAT socket... :rolleyes:

Back