• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Most boneheaded OCF member?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have got to be the king of loosing screw drivers! I'll be in my work area, sitting in a chair, working on a computer, won't get up from the chair or roll more than 5 feet away and you think I can find the screw driver I had 10 seconds ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One time I closed my fav screwdriver in a persons case! They called me up and asked if I had lost it :p

JDXNC said:
I have got to be the king of loosing screw drivers! I'll be in my work area, sitting in a chair, working on a computer, won't get up from the chair or roll more than 5 feet away and you think I can find the screw driver I had 10 seconds ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One time I closed my fav screwdriver in a persons case! They called me up and asked if I had lost it :p

LOL, I have the same problem, I can never find the damn thing LOL

ok here comes a long one...(but a good one IMHO)

while home (alone) from junior high school (suspended for a week) i found a match from science class in the back pocket of my pants. this was one of those wood stick / strike anywhere matches...hummm what to do with a match....huh i wonder if...it fits in the barrel of my air BB gun?...

(you know its going to be a good one when you combine a match a BB gun and a board junior high school kid)

well, sure enough, it fit quite nice in the end of the gun....now lets pump it up and see if i can shoot the thing....yep, sure enough, it worked as expected and the match shot out.

(now this might not sound too bad if you pictured it going on OUTSIDE...now picture it... INSIDE the house!)

i shot it across my bedroom a few times with 1 or 2 pumps...it would go about 5 feet...big deal, lets see what 8 pumps can do. so i go into the hall and aim @ the wall between 2 bedroom doors (the master bedroom and the den) which was only about 6" wide and 10 feet away.... well i missed :( so i proceed to getup and try to find the match...cant find it :-/

no biggie, who cares, it'll turn up...go back into my bedroom and turn on some Pink Floyd, the wall (typical depressed junior high school teenager) anyway...about 2-3 minutes go past and i hear the smoke alarm in the hall start going off...get up, walk into the hall while looking @ the alarm and see that its not just a low battery...there is a layer of SMOKE up on the ceiling...!!:eek:

it wasnt until then that the whole "i shot a match out of a BB gun 2 minutes ago and now the smoke alarm is going off" hit me...i turn my head to look toward the master bedroom and see that the pillows on my parents bed are on fire :bang head

now im not talken a *little* on fire, im talking flames hitting the ceiling on fire!!! :eek:

as it turns out, i missed the wall and the match flew through the room and hit the headboard of my parents bed with enough force to ignite itself and the pillows :eh?:

as anyone who has been in a house fire will know...you dont think clearly while in a panic!!
i ran to the master bathroom (attached to the bedroom) and get 2x glasses of water and throw them on the fire...o ya that did a whole lot of nothing (picture pouring a beer on a 4' campfire) now in hind sight i will tell you that pulling the end of the covers (that wernt on fire) up and over the pillows would have worked but that kind of logic dosnt hit you in the "heat of the moment"

so Joe, what did you do?
well, i opened the window, punched out the screen, and proceed to grab the flaming pillows with both hands and throw them out the window.

gee Joe, does grabbing flaming synthetic (plastic) pillows hurt?
not @ first.

yep, the pillows were basically 2x globs of flaming molten plastic that i grabbed with my bare hands and carried about 4' and threw out the window...needless to say i got some real good burns (and a few scars) from that...

so now that all the flaming stuff was outside (pillows, covers and the drapes i had to rip off the wall cause i caught them on fire while i threw out the pillows) i thought i was "good to go"....then i heard the sirens from the fire truck(s) and ambulance... :rolleyes:

nothing like having all the neighbors watching 1/2 of the fire department tramp through the house ... or trying to explain what the heck happened to the house to my parents....

yep...thats my "Most boneheaded" story.
hope you enjoyed!

this story is more than 18 years old and i still get a kick out of it...too bad it happened to ME!

Last edited:
well i skipped the part about the BB gun and said i threw it out of anger while i was taking down my dirty laundry, then when i came back up it was burning... :rolleyes:

we all sorta chalked it up to me being really stupid and glad that the whole house didnt go up in flames...i got off WAY lucky!! :santa:

have got to be the king of loosing screw drivers! I'll be in my work area, sitting in a chair, working on a computer, won't get up from the chair or roll more than 5 feet away and you think I can find the screw driver I had 10 seconds ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One time I closed my fav screwdriver in a persons case! They called me up and asked if I had lost it

Ive done that like 20x..except it was a coleman flashlight :p

How's this one?

I have been known to sleepwalk at times...I had this one time where I got up out of bed and started pulling the window blinds off of their hangers, and when my wife asked me what I was doing, I looked at her and said, "Because you told me too."

I did it another time where I had gotten up from bed, picked up our cat and went into the bathroom, and told my wife that the cat had to use the bathroom. Don't ask me how I knew this...

Gig-O-Ram said:
How's this one?

I have been known to sleepwalk at times...I had this one time where I got up out of bed and started pulling the window blinds off of their hangers, and when my wife asked me what I was doing, I looked at her and said, "Because you told me too."

I did it another time where I had gotten up from bed, picked up our cat and went into the bathroom, and told my wife that the cat had to use the bathroom. Don't ask me how I knew this...

lmfao

--put my foot in my mouth too many times to count (too easy to do online)
--spent 2 hours attempting to troubleshoot my LAN, when the problem was actually the network :eh?:
--spent countless amounts of time looking for something that was either in my hand or right under my nose

I'm sure I have more, I just need to think of what they are :p

Dreamstalker said:
--put my foot in my mouth too many times to count (too easy to do online)
--spent 2 hours attempting to troubleshoot my LAN, when the problem was actually the network :eh?:
--spent countless amounts of time looking for something that was either in my hand or right under my nose

I'm sure I have more, I just need to think of what they are :p

That is something i do every single time im messing about with my computer (Or doing anything where you need tools :p )

Here's another one:

I was at work one morning checking my truck before I hit the road for the day, and I set my Nextel down on one of the rear tires. When I was done with the check, I drove over to where the trailers are parked and hooked up so I could leave.

It wasn't until later when I went to use the Nextel - and couldn't find it - that I remembered not picking it up earlier. And my boss confirmed what happened...you guessed it...I ran over the Nextel with a semi-tractor! :bang head

The poor thing never stood a chance....not with a vehicle that weighs a good 10,000 pounds or so! :rolleyes:

Speaking of cellphone stories, I'm sure we all have plenty, last week I washed my daughters sweatshirt in the washing machine with her cellphone in it. Shock of shocks, it still works! :cool:

Back