• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard for fx 6100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I dont want to make another topic for one question , i have a noname power supply 700w .... and i want to buy another one , what you guys think about Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 400W , i can overclock with that ? ( with a graphic card 120w , 2 hdd and 2 fans )

Last edited:
You don't want that one. Here's a link to the Hardware secrets review of that unit. I found the review through JonnyGuru which is the Most trusted review site for PSU's.

In case you're lazy like me here's a quote of the conclusion.
Conclusions
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 400 W is capable to deliver its labeled power at high temperatures. But as we always like to point out, maximum power isn’t everything. This unit presents lousy efficiency and noise and ripple levels above the maximum allowed, which can lead you computer to present random behavior (“freezing,” random resets, Blue Screen of Death, etc) and overload components. Therefore we can’t recommend this product.
The three units from eXtreme Power Plus series that we’ve reviewed so far (400 W, 460 W and 500 W) are based on the same design, and the differences are that the 460 W and the 500 W models use more powerful rectifiers on the +5 V and +3.3 V outputs (the +12 V outputs from these three models use the same rectifiers). The 400 W and the 460 W models use the same switching transistors, while the 500 W model uses more powerful ones.

What's your budget for a PSU, maybe we can make some suggestions?

My buget is low , and i buy from my country , i cant buy from ebay /amazon ... i will try to find another one but i dont know if i can , that one was in my buget and it looks ok ...

Edit : i read the entire review ,i didn't understand not even a half ... the power supply is all good until the "noise and ripple levels" come's in and they said is just is bad ...

But really, from the same price which the cooler master 400w have , is just no-name brands like main .

Edit 2 : i found the ASUS Atlas A-45GA 450 W , and i read from that site is delivering 360 w , with just 40 w less than cooler master , and it have everything ok (noise and .. ) , what do you think ? That asus or the cooling master ?

Last edited:
My buget is low , and i buy from my country , i cant buy from ebay /amazon ... i will try to find another one but i dont know if i can , that one was in my buget and it looks ok ... Do you have a link from where you will be ordering from if online?

Edit : i read the entire review ,i didn't understand not even a half ... the power supply is all good until the "noise and ripple levels" come's in and they said is just is bad ... Low noise and ripple are known as clean power. If the PSu doesn't deliver clean power the system will be unstable. Also generally the higher the load on the PSU the higher the noise and ripple iirc.

But really, from the same price which the cooler master 400w have , is just no-name brands like main. That sucks. Is it possible to go outside of Romania to pick one up? Maybe Poland? Pardon my ignorance regarding Romania's laws.

Back to motherboards , those last motherboard (from the page 1) was gone :( this is on promo ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 or just go for GA-78LMT-USB3 ?

I buyed the asus m5a97 le and now i want overclock for 3,8 - 4ghz , i tried myself for 3,8 ghz , i change the cpu multiplier for 3,8 and i disable turbo mode , cpu spectrum and pci spectrum and i put voltage on offset then i rise cpu voltage ( 2 or 3 "+") i think is 0,012.. , i tested with prime 95 1 hour and temps in core temp was 67-68 for all cores and in hwmonitor was cpu 72 celsius . Is something wrong ?

I buyed the asus m5a97 le and now i want overclock for 3,8 - 4ghz , i tried myself for 3,8 ghz , i change the cpu multiplier for 3,8 and i disable turbo mode , cpu spectrum and pci spectrum and i put voltage on offset then i rise cpu voltage ( 2 or 3 "+") i think is 0,012.. , i tested with prime 95 1 hour and temps in core temp was 67-68 for all cores and in hwmonitor was cpu 72 celsius . Is something wrong ?

That mini cooler isn't going to be enough

I made the cpu 3,9 ghz like that :

20160618_200426.jpg

20160618_200441.jpg

20160618_200451.jpg

20160618_200504.jpg

Its something wrong ? If i put lower voltage will freeze at prime95 and the temps prime95 is 65-67 per core

I found what is apm - Application Power Management , and for overclocking need to disable , i will do that , anything else ? For some reason turbo mode was auto , now i disable it and HPC enable

The cpu under load , it makes some noise , i search on internet but only i found it and is call "coil whine" and it come from procesor , it's something wrong with it ?

Last edited:
Hello , i comeback after i buyed the new cooler artic frezer 7 and another power supply chiftec 400w smart .

Now the temps in full load , 3,6 ghz , 1.286 voltage , are max 50 celsius . (the sistem run perfectly , no coil noise , very quiet)

I tried 4 ghz at , 1.330 voltage , the temps are ok , but i somehow it throtle (see the picture) the vcore it drops to 0,888 voltage (and that coil noise desapear. ) , i put the hand close to the vrm and they are cold , then i pun the hand at northbridge radiator and is very hot , i can make pancakes there , southbridge is less hotter than the NB . I didnt change voltage or freq of NB (it is on auto) , it's posible to put less voltage for NB and less freq and pun the cpu at 4ghz and get more performance ?

1.png

Well Confuzie, I hate to be the stick in the mud but you haven't taken any of our advice. There are reasons we recommending going with a motherboard that was heatsinked and had an 8+2 power section. Instead you bought the ASUS M5A97 LE. This board only has a 4+2 VRM section and is not heatsinked. You're not going to get much of an overclock on this board and even if you did the board likely will not last for very long.

Not only that but you ended up buying a Chieftec 400W PSU. ??? What happened to the Antec one you linked? That was a nice power supply. I can't find any good reviews on this Cheiftec.

Again, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unless you start doing some research or at least accepting our advice you're in for some tough lessons. I wish you all the best, truly.

What Blaylock says... Unfortunately...

The MoBo is not up to the task.

You need to disable APM in the Bios, in order for the CPU to stop throttling. Doing so, the board VRMs might go "plop"!

I would not trust this PSU either: can't find a single review.

Back