• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7T266 PRO2-RU o/cing help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Focker

Registered
Hi all. I recently built my fisrt system using the Pro2-RU board. It works really well and i have no complaints. I am relatively new to overclocking as well, but I have read many posts and have a basic idea of what to do...

I have raised my FSB to 145 (on my athlon xp 1700) with no probs, Sisoft Sandra's benchmarks are pretty good. runs stable.

Above that, I run into problems... I got it to boot at a FSB of 150, but went to play RtCW, and It locked up. I have the voltages set to the max....

I'm doing quite well for a first timer, i think, but i wanted to know if there are certain BIOS settings I should be enabling/disabling..
such as:

SDRAM IT Command
Fast Command (i read in a post to disable this) got my FSB a bit higher
AGP Master 1 W/S write
AGP Master 1 W/S read
Write to read delay
Read to write delay
AGP Read synchronization
PCI delay transaction
(BIOS Version 3.3)

These are the settings I'm not to sure about. any help would be great!!

Also, i diddn't see any PCI divider or any thing to keep the PCI bus at 33mhz, do i need to even care about that?

What about the +33 or -33 setting for the ram
I may as well give a system summary:
k7t266 pro2 ru
Athlon XP 1700+
256mb PC2100 AzenRAM
Tt Volcano 7
Maxtor 20GB HDD

Anyway, any help would be great!!!!
FSB 145. cpu 1.6Ghz

goto the amdmb.com msi forums. They have a very good guide that should help you out with all of the questions you have > Also, the msi is not a very good overclocker. 145fsb is good for that board. According to most, the best bios for overclocking is version 3.2. Make sure you have that bios. with msi, the newest bios is not the greatest.

that is correct with the bios.. 3.2 is the best.. I have tried the others and had many problems with O'cing.. I am able to run FSB of 152 with no problems under 3.2..

Thanks guys, ya, you're right about the bios thing, i made the mistake of flashing 3.5 and all my overclocking went to the pooper, I couldn't even get up to 140. Thanks for the link I'll check it out, and i'll try flashing the .32 bios..

Back