• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X58 Platinum (SLI)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I run with 12gb of ram Neb on a p6t deluxe and I also get that few seconds (maybe 4 at the most) before my video card post beep.
Come to think of it, it did it when I only had 6 in also. =D

Dude are you still OCing with that little switch at 166mhz and the Bios .Try putting that back to 133 and OC only from the bios.I remember something about that switch causing some issues

Last edited:
Hey I ain't complaining. Not for the price I got it for anyways :p. I'm just perplexed as to why it does that is all.

Well to get the 4.0Ghz stable:

Vcore = +0.220v
PLL = 1.85v
QPI = +0.100v
DRAM= 1.65v

Not too shabby I 'spoze.

Last edited:
I got this board with the C0 up to 4.2Ghz, so I'm sure with a D0 it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm trying to find a balance between the vcore and the QPI voltage.

Sweet its in the main rig now?You got your 1366 bracket?I wanna see benchmarks from the 4850's with this rig compared with your old rig

i was thinking of getting this board, but i am not sure if it will do higher that 4.1 on a D0

That board had my D0 at 4.2ghz with just under 1.2v not stable but it might have been with some other tweaks

so exactly what are the downsides of a MSI Platinum....when compared to something like a EX58-UD4??...worse oc'er? higher chipset temps
:shrug:

Not exactly sure as this is my first X58 board. So far I find it stable as a rock with zero issues. The NB on it gets a bit hot tho, but adding a 60mm fan on it solved that problem :)

Clocks extremely well for a budget board. Running 20x200 and ram @ 1600.

Sweet its in the main rig now? You got your 1366 bracket?I wanna see benchmarks from the 4850's with this rig compared with your old rig

Yep, it's my main now.
Yep using the 1366 bracket.
Nope, no benchies from the old setup.

Vantage & 3D'06 benchies. You tell me if they're good. I don't bench.

Last edited:
Yeah. It's a sexy board, has some really nice LED's in green & blue. Running 200x20 with no problems at all. Really easy to oc too.

The NB gets a tad hot, but I added a 60mm fan to cool things down ;)

Back