• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Albatron Turbo 4200 BLOWS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pouey

I just got a new 128 MB 4200 albatron turbo, the core can't even do 275mhz without crazy artifacts. No Detailed 3dmark tests run when it's OC'd at all! What the hell is up, it's only a 25mhz core increase, this card is supposed to do 4600 speeds! Anyone have any suggestions?

ha check the heatsink to make sure it's making good contact. and talk to how ever you bought it from. it's advertised as ti4600 speeds right out of the box then you should get a refund. theres always bad eggs that sneak by, and end up in some poor souls computer.

three letters.....................R....................M.............A...........

'nuff said

you're not the only one, I've been seeing a lot of these clock like crap in the past few days, but yours is the lowest. 275 core is terrible.. sorry...

I just read the accidental thread you posted. You would be an idiot not to RMA it, even if it does take awhile. Have a Peice of unholy crap vid card, or wait a week and get the best ti4200 out there. Doesnt seem like a tuff question to me..........

hey did you just get yours off of newegg? if you did then i yesterday got a POS one aslo. this one will do 290/620 but that is as high as it will go. even with artic silver on the core.

i allready have a new one coming in and this one is rma.

what i did is i requested a refund, which i got, and then bought a new one. when the new one comes in i will send back this POS one and problem solved. well atleast doing it like that lets me still have a operational computer

Emericana how did you do that? Could you PM me? I'd like to do the same if possible, I bought mine from newegg as well.

Humm...seems like Albatron are having some QC issue?
The one I got clocked 300/690 right out of the box, with no special cooling. That was with room temp of 22C too. But now most of the members can't get it past 300/650.

Edit: For members bought this card because of my OC(I think I'm the first one who bought it), I'm sorry:eh?:, but my card did perform what they advertised for, and beyond.

Last edited:
i dont have the turbo version but i was able to get my clock speed up to 300/600 out of the box. i could probable go higher cuz i have no problems at all in games and in 3dmark tests.

I'm getting an RMA, so when i get my new card in a few days I'll post how well they do. Hopefully Albatron isn't skimping on their cards anymore, that would really **** me off :mad:

i just am prayin that newegg didnt get a bad batch of cards because i dont wanna rma somethin a second time cause it is such a pain in the ***!

EDIT : btw for those wondering i have a 32cfm 80mm fan intake and my case temp is generally 75F. the back ram sinks on the card gets a little bit warm but because of the fan the front dont get warm at all. this shows me the ram on the card is bad. the core heatsink does not get hot at all. however, from taking off the heatsink, i saw that it could DEFINETLY be lapped.

Oh man, that sucks, I really want to get that card! I hope that it's only a bad batch, 'cause they sound awesome.

Well i got mine about the same time that Kato did, and mine overclocks just as well, if not better. perhaps there was a bad batch?

i plan on getting one, i really hope it doesnt suck at overclocking..cause the one i have right now REALLY sucks at overclocking...normal gf3 levels cause artifacts

errr

I recieved my Albatron 4200p turbo from Newegg today.. I was planning on usin it in my upcoming system that should all be here mid next week.

After reading this I figured I should pop it in my current box:
duron 1ghz
asus a7a133
640 pc133 sdram
300w codegen psu
xp pro
load temp 49c

to see if it worked or not, I couldnt get over a 275 core in 3dmark without my box rebooting and gettin artifacts at 265/575....
Could I be getting this bad oc #s because my system isnt up to par? or will I need to rma mine as well?

the system I was plannin on putting it in (waitin for the HD and cdrw to get here)
xp1600+ agoia
a7n266-c
512 ddr 2700
wd 80gig 7200rpm

anyway was it cuz the system was slow or do I need to rma it?

ponders said:
errr

I recieved my Albatron 4200p turbo from Newegg today.. I was planning on usin it in my upcoming system that should all be here mid next week.

After reading this I figured I should pop it in my current box:
duron 1ghz
asus a7a133
640 pc133 sdram
300w codegen psu
xp pro
load temp 49c

to see if it worked or not, I couldnt get over a 275 core in 3dmark without my box rebooting and gettin artifacts at 265/575....
Could I be getting this bad oc #s because my system isnt up to par? or will I need to rma mine as well?

the system I was plannin on putting it in (waitin for the HD and cdrw to get here)
xp1600+ agoia
a7n266-c
512 ddr 2700
wd 80gig 7200rpm

anyway was it cuz the system was slow or do I need to rma it?

Holy Crap.. another one.. Albatron quality control slipped on this batch..dam.. so many in just a few days...sorry..

GREAAAAAAAAT...

I ordered one the day before this thread was posted, its currently on the way and should be here in a day or so.

I'll let you all know how it goes... doesn't look peachy though.

Back