• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my P4 is back to live

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
after my 1.6a decided to take a looooooooong sleep b/c of the 1.775v long term shock! i have a complete P4 rig minus CPU sitting under my desk for a whole month!

yesterday i finally go (hand) pick up a 1.8a to put in it. wow! running 2.7G right out the box with memory (only) at 4:5, 187.5MHz (2700ish Sandra memroy score........only). too bad, it just don't wanna go any higher even w/ more v.core (but didn't really play w/ it tho 'cos i'll NEED it go working, oh, crunching :p ). but 900Mhz o/c, i'm happy w/ it already.

after a full day crunching w/out a crash, i decided my next step is to up the memory speed. tonight, i just "try" to set the memory ratio to 4:6 and see. WOW! boot right into windows and start crunching @ 225MHz memory speed!! Sandra memory score of 3100+!! i'm a happy man!!! :D

now, i will have to wait and see if it's still crunching when i woke up 2morrow then..........(crossing my fingers...) :rolleyes:

Nice work man, what mem you got in there to get to 450DDR ?

I have Corsair PC3200 CAS2 and can only get to 217.5Mhz :) be nice to know what to go for next time ;)

Thats a nice O/C LS... :)

thinking about a new setup myself... the AXIA 1.0 @ 1.424 just dosnt cut it these days....

ehhh... I remember when 1.4 was just a pipe dream... an I was happy with my P1 200MMX at 225.. :)

The fact that it can crunch at all doesn't really mean much - it could be tearing those WUs apart, writing nothing but gibberish for results. Be sure to stress test the thing, with Prim95 or UT or something, before crunching and sending in bad results. :S

Back