• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My red PS2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Howie

Registered
I know this has been done before but I thought I'd like to show you guys my PS2 that I just painted red. The paint I used was the Krylon Fusion and just some normal Krylon Primer. I know the Fusion says you don't need to sand and prime, but I did it anyways. Tell me what you think.

My red PS2

Howie said:
I know this has been done before but I thought I'd like to show you guys my PS2 that I just painted red. The paint I used was the Krylon Fusion and just some normal Krylon Primer . I know the Fusion says you don't need to sand and prime, but I did it anyways. Tell me what you think.

My red PS2

:rolleyes:

That's sweet, maybe one day I'll muster enough courage to do something nice to my PS2.

thorilan said:
looks like Dodge flame red ( patented)

You can pantent a color?!?

Also nice job on the paint, so how do you like that paint does it really stick like krylon says?

Did you get that idea from me? :D

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68152

The pictures are gone from the thread, but I have them hosted:
GameCube1.jpg

GameCube3.jpg

GameCube4.jpg

GameCube7.jpg

GameCube8.jpg

Über~PhLuBB said:
Did you get that idea from me? :D

Hehe nope. :D I actually got the idea from the Playstation website. They're selling their so called "special edition" ps2's that come in different colors. I didn't want to shell out $315 :eek: so I decided to do it myself. Nice job on the GC though, I like it

Mr. $T$: The Fusion seems to work pretty much as it's supposed to. I found that at 15 minutes, the paint is still pretty tacky, but in 30 minutes you could probably lightly touch it and move it around. As for scratches and chips, it only chips when I gouge(sp?) it with my fingernail. But then, that might also be because the paint hasn't fully cured yet. But IMHO, Fusion is awesome.

If I had a digicam, I'd post pics of my red PS2.

It... uhh... kind of fell when I was painting it, so the paint got all screwed up. I started sanding it down, but I lost my motivation, so now it's got a nice 3-tone black/primer/red paint scheme. It still works, but I lost the power/reset buttons for the front panel, the PS logo for the CD tray, and the memory card doors. It looks really cool. :p

Gravity Man said:
If I had a digicam, I'd post pics of my red PS2.

It... uhh... kind of fell when I was painting it, so the paint got all screwed up. I started sanding it down, but I lost my motivation, so now it's got a nice 3-tone black/primer/red paint scheme. It still works, but I lost the power/reset buttons for the front panel, the PS logo for the CD tray, and the memory card doors. It looks really cool. :p

ghetto :cool:

Back