• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NAS Software Reviews - Your input is wanted!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just came across a nas software called openmediavault. Do you have it on your list? It seems to have much better performance than freeNas.

Yes, it is in my software list on the first post. :)

I apologize to every for the lack of updates, but I've been very busy with work and it has completely killed my motivation for doing stuff at home. I've also just started classes. I'm slowly working on the review for FreeNAS and it is nearly complete. I just need to push myself to get it done.

I love FreeNAS 8.3, I have used NFS shares and recently changed to iSCSI for my VMware Hypervisor. I have 4 (older) drives in it right now, 2 raid0 volumes.

Project looks awesome BTW!!!

thid, you've taken on a huge challenge. Go at your own pace. We want to read the results - but you're allowed a life outside this project.

BachOn

I love FreeNAS 8.3, I have used NFS shares and recently changed to iSCSI for my VMware Hypervisor. I have 4 (older) drives in it right now, 2 raid0 volumes.

Project looks awesome BTW!!!

Virtualize your freenas box. I'm down to one physical machine, 5 VMs including my openindiana NAS

i dont have enough ram or sata ports on the other machine for all the hard drives to be on it.

So, why the huge delay? You started this thing almost a year ago. Please just let us know if you are still working on something...

I cancelled it. My work load at school is getting much bigger along with my work load at work. The server is disassembled and parted out.

I is a sad panda. :(

If I had the equipment, I could have tried tackling this, as I do have the time and you made it pretty easy to understand with your posts what you were doing.

I is a sad panda. :(

If I had the equipment, I could have tried tackling this, as I do have the time and you made it pretty easy to understand with your posts what you were doing.

I have an IBM M1015 controller in the classies that would be perfect to use for testing if you wanted to do it yourself. It's not that complex but I'm afraid I have as much free time/resources as Corey has right now.

You're more then welcome to donate it to me, along with all the hard drives and rest of the hardware that would be needed to dedicate to such a task, as I do not have any spare hardware (or money) to spare. Plenty of time, just no goods. :shrug:

I don't have drives to donate, nor do I have a disk controller that is useful for these tests, but I might have some spare parts laying around if you were serious about it. We can discuss more detail via private messages if you want. I'd rather not talk about that here.

Back