• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a guide on how to oc a gtx980 strix OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Guys i need help, either i bought a damaged GPU or i had bad OC settings:

I had the core clock set to +160 units and i was playing witcher 3 for 3 hours with OC / afterburner without problems etc. And then my game just closed. I tried to open the game again but it dont wanted to start anymore, i realised that the nvidia control panel at the bottom right, was closed too. It crashed.
Since that, i couldnt open any game.

So i restarted my PC and now its fine again and the nvidia control panel is also back.

Is my GPU broken or was it maybe because OC ? i bought the GPU for 60$ USED on ebay and the seller had very good comments.... alot of positive stars.
When i plugged in the first time ever the gpu into my pc, and then boot the pc, i saw the ACER logo. After the acer logo my pc turned off. I turned it on again and then it was all fine. I was guessing that the gpu was broken but it only happened once (maybe because the mb / bios etc. detected a new GPU and had to set it up so it shutdown my pc. I am not sure).

I gonna play now witcher 3 again without afterburner at all. Pls dont tell me i bought a broken gpu....

Edit: Seems all good without afterburner. Jeeese it rly scared me.
It was because bad OC settings. Thought it might be broken, specially cuz the price that i paid.

Last edited:
Back