• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on cooling...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Radar

I'm building a system and I'm looking for advice on cooling. I'm really bad with cooling (my current system is sitting with both sides off and a 6 inch desk fan blowing into it to supplement the PSU and CPU fans when I put a load on it). I'm going to be getting an AthlonXP 2500+ and oc'ing it to a 3000+/3200+. More details can be seen in this thread. What I'm looking at right now is a Thermalright SLK-800A with a Thermaltake Smart Fan II. I will be using AS5. Is this overkill, right, or not enough? I'm trying to squeeze every penny here.

Thanks for all advice!

Welcome to the forums!!!

Is any type of cooling ever enough for an o/c'er? ;)

It should be fine but you'll need good case cooling as well (air flow thru your case).

-Bobby

clocker2 said:

<cruel_reality> Fat chance /<cruel_ reality>

LMAO!!!

You should have at least one intake fan (usually in the front) and one exhaust fan (usually in the rear). You can always cut a hole in the side for an intake that will blow right on your motherboard for more cooling if necessary.

-Bobby

I use the same chip overclocked to the same speed with the same heat sink and fan, and AS Ceramique. I only have one 120mm rear case fan and mine runs at 41 degrees full load. I'm probably going to get a front case fan though because its a good idea to have two, so you can get proper airflow inside the case.

Back