• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need extreme air cooling for my IC7 Max 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonV

The XP120 and Hyper 6 wont fit without removing the OTES, is there any other option than the SP94/Tornado?
I have a rather quite system right now and would like to keep it that way.

Thx.

You could use a different fan with the same heatsink.

The SP-94 is the coolest P4 heatsink except for the two you mentioned.

If you are going for complete silence, which I doubt you are, you could check out Alphas or Zens (I think that's the name.)

BrandonV said:
The XP120 and Hyper 6 wont fit without removing the OTES, is there any other option than the SP94/Tornado?
I have a rather quite system right now and would like to keep it that way.

Thx.

If you want extreme cooling and quiet you are not going to do it with air.

BrandonV, I've never had the need for a Tornado on the SP-94 HS...55 to 75 cfm w/ high air pressure can do the job. With good system temps and good air flow your cpu temps should be desirable..
The Zalman can prove to be a good HS if your system and case temps are as close top ambient as possible..Clocker2 has used the Zalman on an AMD with great success..His case is heavly mod as is mine...
Have you removed the fan grids from your case yet? Is your wiring and cables out of the air paths?
What are your current full load temps with the Zalman...Ambient(Room) temp, system(case/mobo) temp, and cpu temp.? :)

Currently my temps are 48C idle and (up to) 69 load. This is on a mild (236fsb) OC with the Zalman at full speed. Case temps is around 30C idle and 38ish load, ambient is between 75-80F (small office w/ no AC, so it gets hot quick)

my case flow isnt the best as I still have the stock 80mm intake fans, stock 80mm blowhole fan and Antec 80mm exhaust (one decent fan at least) and four hard drives, multiple PCI cards and my Radeon w/ Artic Silencer. I did what I could with wire routing but its definetely not the epitimy of airflow perfection! I haven't removed the front grill yet, but will replace the fine mesh material with something better once I find something suitable, dont want ghetto case!

i would say your temps are'nt going to get a whole lot lower with those ambient temps and a prescott. presscotts desire water cooling when ocing them. you definatley will not get the same temps as someone with a northwood p4. i would stick with the zalman, since it is queit, and work on your case temps. you said you have four hard drives, which create a lot of heat inside your case. if i were you i would put a good 92mm or 120mm fan on the side panel directly above the hsf. that way your zalman is drawing air from directly outside of your case and not from harddrives and pci cards. that should give you a considerable drop in temps. good luck.

Hmm, ghetto.. :rolleyes: :burn:

92mm_Edition-0540.gif

frt-grill-moby-004.gif
please don't quote my pix.:)

I would never talk smack about a strangers case, thats what friends are for.....
I like your guys' cases, American creativity at its finest :thup:

I am in the process of looking for some nice 80mm fans to replace these POS Cooler Master ones with, adding a side intake and replacing the fine *** mesh that CM uses on their cases but I still want something better than this Zalman.

I'd like to use that Hyper 6 or XP120, but dont wanna hack my OTES off. I guess I'll try the SP94 and a Delta 92mm.

Thanks for the replies.

BrandonV said:
I would never talk smack about a strangers case, thats what friends are for.....
I like your guys' cases, American creativity at its finest :thup:

I am in the process of looking for some nice 80mm fans to replace these POS Cooler Master ones with, adding a side intake and replacing the fine *** mesh that CM uses on their cases but I still want something better than this Zalman.

I'd like to use that Hyper 6 or XP120, but dont wanna hack my OTES off. I guess I'll try the SP94 and a Delta 92mm.

Thanks for the replies.
Get a couple of thermaltake smart fans they can well improve your case temps mine dont go above 32'c at 67'c load

YS-TECH FD8125 80mm Fan - 4 Pin (FG-002-YS)
The high output YS-TECH FD8125 80mm fan produces a massive 47CFM airflow. This makes it ideal for case cooling applications and is fitted with a 4-pin Molex (PSU) passthrough connector.

- Speed - 3000RPM
- Output - 45.2CFM
- Decibels - 34.2dBA
- Dimensions - 80x80x25

YS-TECH FD8125 80mm Fan - 3 Pin (FG-001-YS)
The high output YS-TECH FD8125 80mm fan produces a massive 47CFM airflow. This makes it ideal for case cooling applications and is fitted with a 3-pin speed sensing connector.

CLICK HERE

** Take a look at these fans M8..:)

Back