• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help setting up S-ATA stuff.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SenorBeef

I have 2 IBM 75GXP drives that I want to run raid 0 off the s-ata controller. Of course, the RAID part doesn't matter yet, because I can't get my system to recognize the drives. I'm using 2 abit serilell converters.

Imagine the jumpers are:

Code:
1-2-3-4-5
  6-7-8-9

I have one IBM set up to master device 0 (2-6, 5-9)
One has the jumpers removed.

I've triple checked the physical connections on each drive. Each has the power plugs in the 4 pin connector as well as in the s-ata connector. The s-ata cable is hooked up on both ends.. since it's keyed, I can't imagine I have it wrong.

So the physical connectors seem to be perfect. But with either of the most likely jumper configurations, it won't recognize the drive. The s-ata boot up screen says 'no drive present' for both channels.

The actual connectors seem kinda flimsy.. you can move them up and down and a bit and they disconnect easily. Is that normal? Well, I triple checked every connection to make sure it was proper, so there's not much more I can do about that.

Can anyone give me advice as to what to try? Thanks.

Back