• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with coolbits

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danorthface

I just got my video card today, but i reached the limit using coolbits. How do i increase the scale that it allows me to overclock? I have a Visiontek GTS-V. Right now i'm at 200/360

I don't recall there being anything that will increase the limit that Coolbits has. You could go to www.guru3d.com and download RivaTuner which is a tweaking program. It does overclocking and also other tweaks such as level of detail, antialiasing and a whole lot more. I'd use it over Coolbits any day.

-DarkArctic

If you want to increase the core and memory clocks past the defaults that "CoolBits" allows...First, move the clock sliders all the way to the right (under the "Clock Frequencies" tab in Display Properties) and click Apply. The Nvidia "CoolBits" utility allows for a 25% overclock over the default speeds (I'm assuming that you want to go past the 25% limit).

Next, you'll need to locate the "Simpsons" Registry keys (open the Registry editor by typing regedit in the Run box | Edit | Find...and type Bart in the "Find What" box (before doing a "Find", make sure all the Keys are collapsed...and highlight "My Computer"). It would also be a good idea to export at least the Key in which the "Simpsons" DWORD values reside, just in case something should go wrong.

The "Bart" setting basically stores the default gpu/mem clock speeds for your card.
The "Homer" setting stores the current info on your card.
The "Krusty" setting stores the new Memory and Core clock frequencies.
The "Marge" setting enables clock speed adjustments (Can be 0 or 1)

When you find the Simpsons Registry keys, just copy "Krusty" to Bart" (edit the "Bart" DWORD value to equal that of the "Krusty" DWORD" value)...you can now go past the 25% limit.

It should look something like this when you're done...

"Homer"=dword:000c7516
"Bart"=dword:7728a68b
"Marge"=dword:00000001
"Krusty"=dword:7728a68b
"Lisa"=dword:00000000 ;)

Last edited:
Alright! Now I can go past 220MHz on my core speeds w/o having to use third party software:beer:

Last edited:
Back