• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need The right PSU for my system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LhzTyphoon

Registered
Hello Overclockers, I need some help choosing the right PSU for my machine. There are so many brand on newegg with some good and some bad review. Some says it died on first week, some says it's working perfectly I don't know which to trust anymore. I'm looking for something durable to last for the next 10 years or so because I will not be able to buy a new one if it die on me on the first 6 months
Budget 100$
The psu must have at least 3 IDE power cable
System specs:

Asrock Z77 Extreme 4
x2 Gigabyte GV-R687D5 1GB Radeon HD 6870 Crossfire solution
x1 SSD Vertex 4 128gb
PHANTOM NZXT Case ( x1 200mm fan x3 120mm fan + blue light neon )
Cooler: ARCTIC-COOLING FREEZER 13 PRO
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 Ivy Bridge 3770K 3.50 GHz
RAM: DDR3 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz ( 4X4 )
x1 320GB SATA 7200rpm Western Digital HDD
x1 120 GB 5400 rpm Western Digital
x1 RW DVD Burner LG + x1 CD normal CD Reader LG

Thanks for any help

Antec, Corsair, Seasonic. From what i hear. Stay away from coolermaster.(Just what i heard). Antec is great stuff. Best customer service ive ever seen. :thup:
Of course Corsair is great stuff. Ive read and heard good things bout seasonic. :)

Cooler Master makes some very good PSUs these days. Their high end units are excellent.
In the $100 range I haven't tested any of them.
In that range Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, OCZ (ZS/ZT, not whateverXtreme) and PC Power and Cooling (Silencer mark III) are all good.

6870s are 150w each before OCing, the CPU+mobo+ram is around 100 before OCing.
Hdds take 10w each, fans can be figured to take 5w to 10w each.

I think I'd go for a 600-650w.

Silverstone, Seasonic, SuperFlower Golden Green and Platinum series, Antec, Corsair. Stick with those and you can't go wrong.

SuperFlower is a great PSU, too bad they're nowhere available
I will maybe go with the 650w tx corsair

Last edited:
Couldn't find the Superflower psu anywhere so i took the NZXT HALE 90 Gold 750w, it's a very good one too with mostly good reviews and japanese capacitors

Couldn't find the Superflower psu anywhere so i took the NZXT HALE 90 Gold 750w, it's a very good one too with mostly good reviews and japanese capacitors

Lol, that is a rebadged Superflower anyway dude so don't worry. It's a top unit. ;)

Back