• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need WC advice for E8600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lukee

I want to WC the following System

Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi
E8600
4 GB Ram
1 HD, 2 DvD
4870x2
Antec 900
Corsair HX520 PSU

I want to OC my CPU prettu high and still maintain good temps for 24/7 build.

Here is what I was thinking of, please critique

Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple 120mm Radiator
Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme Performance CPU Waterblock
Swiftech MCP655™ 12 VDC Pump
Swiftech MCRES-Micro
Dangerden Fill Syringe
Masterkleer Tubing 7/16" ID 5/8" OD
1/2" T Line for 1/2" ID Tubing - Black
Swiftech RadBox MCB-120 Revision 2 - Black

What am I missing? I guess 3 fans for the radiators and coolant? I was going to use zip ties for the tubing, if someone thinks that is a bad idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Any recommendations?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you'll need 1/2" ID tubing and fittings for that pump and block ideally. I'm doing some research and building a very similar setup soon as well and if I've read right, 1/2" is the way to go. I could be wrong?

You could be right, that is why I am asking for advice. I am totally new to WC. I was going to build one a few months ago, but returned the QX9770. It wasn't worth the money, at least not for me.

I could have swarn though, that with 1/2" barbs, the 7/16" tubing will be a nice snug fit.

Well, I put it out there as kind of a question because, like you, I'm also quite new to W/C and could be wrong as well. I just wanted to at least toss it out there for consideration ;) I'll definitely be watching this thread for learning purposes, I'm sure some of our gurus will lend a hand :beer:

Someone on another board recommended that I switch out the triple rad for a double since I won't be needing as much cooling.

you can use 7/16" tubing you just get a tight fit, which is what you want to help reduce/stop leaks.

going by blocks listed i assume its a cpu only loop? the triple is a bit much for the 1 45nm cpu. i have the same rad for my 1 cpu but i have a 65nm quad, even then its overkill. i would still go for it though as it leaves room for a gpu or 2.

otherwise it all looks good.

Last edited:
My GPU runs fine with the fan cranked up to 50%, so I don't think I'll need any GPU cooling.

Thanks though.

Do you think I fit eveything inside the antec 900 or should I mount the radiator outside?

Last edited:
Ok, I pulled the trigger on this and also ordered some Pentosin G11 Coolant - Blue. I settled for the double radiator instead as well as 2 Yate Loon fans.

Once I get it, I'll give installing it a try and let you guys know

hmm i have a triple rad for my 8400 well i had that 8400 and i was limited by my cooling lol.... so it all depends on your oc... my 8400 was oc'd to 4.6 now im running a quad at 3.8 and the temps are up there if i run it at 3.6 though my load temps are about 52c

so it all depends on how much of an oc your looking to get

Did you gets some barbs in that order for the rad? As far as I know they don't come with any or I got ripped off! The only hard part about the 7/16 tubing is getting it over the input and output of the pump. If you have troubles getting it over it try soaking the end in hot water for about a minute, then try.

Did you gets some barbs in that order for the rad? As far as I know they don't come with any or I got ripped off! The only hard part about the 7/16 tubing is getting it over the input and output of the pump. If you have troubles getting it over it try soaking the end in hot water for about a minute, then try.

most sites have a pull down menu for the option of barbs, but normally they don't ship with barbs.

since you got yate loons i will tell you only mount them vertically, otherwise the bearings start messing up, or so i've heard and agree with because i have had 2 fans (same bearing system) that both died like that.

i also got the G11 coolant and so far i've had no problems with it. i was going to say get the triple since its only 10-15 more but if you want the rad inside your case then a double is better.

i have a triple in my case and going to get a 2nd one soon (rocket fish case)

btw i dont know what coolant your talking about (to lazy to search for it) but if its anything having to do with color dont use it ull get gunk in your block/rad and stained tubing just go with distilled water and some pt nuke to prevent algae

yes the mcp655 do have 1/2 inch barbs on it
i never tried other than 1/2 inch tubing myselve but i did put on wormdrives on all of the barbs to prevent any leaks and knock on wood so far no leaks ;-))

Yes, the rad came with the 1/2" plastic barbs.

One more question. When setting up the loop, which order?

Pump -> Res -> CPU -> Radiator ?

loop order doesn't matter accept always put the res/tline before the pump so there is liquid for the pump to get so it doesn't run dry when filling.

the main thing is make the loop as small (length of tubing) as possible.

Thanks for all the help.

One last question. Should I lap the CPU and/or the CPU block? I'm getting the Apogee GTZ

Back