• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Never go back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well there is the Iwill DK8N which has pci/agp lock and the Nvidia 250 chipset. Its a dual board but you can use a single processor for now(just make sure the board you get says it supports one processor at a time and doesn't require 2 to run). Also dual Opteron 242's isn't horrible as you can pick up the OEM chips for 203 at newegg .

Not sure on the Lag with dual moniters but once I get either X800Pro or 6800GT I will be able to run my second moniter, and I can see for myself. Then again an either of those cards is almost twice as powerful as 9800pro and with a dual opteron it might not lag.

yes you dont have to worry with a 6800, but even then, do you really want to sacrifice any of its performance at the price they are asking?

in any case, i think i could deal with getting a dual board and running a 242 in it for now. then later on i can go to dual-dual core processors.

ive gone through 2 dualies and i can go back, its not THAT hard

Dual p2 266 with asus p2dls (i think)
Dual amd 1600mp with k7d master

yeah I can afford to take a slight perfomance hit. I would much rather have the ability to game and check my Instant messages while I am waiting to respawn or waiting for a new game to start etc.

I agree that duals are good at alot of thing that you could not get away with in a singe proc setup. But its hard to compare a dual to a single but to say its like me having an bus and an laborghini (chevy whatever you drive)I go to work but how efficent do have to do it. sure everybody would like an fancy lamborghini but the bus can carpool and make extra cash to pay the lease on the lamborghini. So that why I think dual are for people that need to do alot of thing at once. Burning, encoding. redners. file transfers, 2x folding, recording sopranos ect...at the sametime. my dual is true dually dual everything monitors, nics, raid cards, harddrives ect.. 2x the stuff. Single setup are sopose to be quicker with less stuff to do. I think a multitask vs perfomance thread should be started if it has not been yet. As I vote for both as I think its needed

Back