• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED new 4170, need ID help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do what?

And I have the additional problem of not enough ultra violet to kill the mold.

The wife and I were trying to find some violets the other day at the garden store. I was experiencing a good bit of mouldez myself. I asked the salesperson about some Ultra Violets and he seemed somewhat put-off.

He said we have some Afican Violets and one the girls in the office is a shrinking violet but don't think we has n0 Ultra Violets.

So there you go 'trents' we cannut get n0 much Ultra Violets down hear n0ne ether.

Secret_RGone...ster.

The wife and I were trying to find some violets the other day at the garden store. I was experiencing a good bit of mouldez myself. I asked the salesperson about some Ultra Violets and he seemed somewhat put-off.

He said we have some Afican Violets and one the girls in the office is a shrinking violet but don't think we has n0 Ultra Violets.

So there you go 'trents' we cannut get n0 much Ultra Violets down hear n0ne ether.

Secret_RGone...ster.

Hee, Hee! How funny! RGone, Now that Justin Wilson is dead I think you should take over his legacy, if not in the cooking realm, in the humor realm. Who knows, you could make a very profitable second career out of it.

so, along with the secret stuff i have to get the updated stuff?
Rgone, Trents and I all live in places where or minds mold over rather quickly....

Here in western Washington, we don't die from old age. We rust away.

i have to go through sea-tac two or three times a year going to fairbanks, it's always raining, is overcast, all the people are starch white with little black dots all around and when they walk they make a squishy sound.
I vote we send trents a few greenhouse grow lights.

I have finished my first project,
how to assemble a simple computer to get that all important first boot, with pictures.
what fun that is. I now have more respect for the guys that do the reviews.
working on project #2 secret cooling build with all copper pipe.
this is a failed idea, I am an expert at hand sand bending metal pipe, i hand build my own custom exaust header systems and build my own intake manifolds
from stainless steel and ti exausts.
the problem is that the case is so narrow that the bend radii are so small and tight that even 3/8 tube kinks so it's back to a swiftech mrc320 in the top of this one also.

we get a bit of a break from the mold here in the south in fall and winter, and shower in bleach in the spring and summer.

What's interesting is that Seattle actually gets less rain than most places east of the Mississippi on a year round basis. The deal is almost all of it comes between November and March and the storms are not usually very intense. For us to get 1" of rain over a 24 hr. period is fairly unusual so you can see how all that makes for a lot of cloudy, drizzly days strung together during the rainy season with few sunny periods. Summer as most people know it starts about the middle of July and is over by about Labor Day most years. Even then summer days and nights are almost never humid. Typical overnight lows in the summer period are down in the 50s, even when day time highs get into the 80s. A "high humidity" here is 50%. The cold waters of the North Pacific just don't surrender much moisture to the air.

Caddi, I'm really looking forward to getting some pics of your project. Sounds fascinating! I love do it yourself stuff and do it yourself, resourceful people.

First off, CPU-Z 1.57.2 doesn't support AMD Family 15h...so update CPU-Z...don't have an ES.

Second, 5 GHz is really impressive, especially if stable. :)

First off, CPU-Z 1.57.2 doesn't support AMD Family 15h...so update CPU-Z...don't have an ES.

Second, 5 GHz is really impressive, especially if stable. :)

Agreed on both accounts. I jumped the gun on that engineering sample theory when it was just an outdated version of CPU-z which RGone already caught. But it was fun and intriguing while it lasted.

I think it looks cool :D
The feeling of possibly possessing an ES is always interesting.

I hope it works out well for him, I got his 955 in return

beepbeep2,I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with that cpu!!!
I will be getting the cpu-z updated as soon as i get this one system under water and i get that system cleaned out again, this white crud in the clear tubes is driving me crazy and one reason i was trying to go for an all copper tube set up.

:)
Already hit 7 GHz.

I thought the CPU died, but I threw it in a new motherboard and it came back to life. I've got a little bit of LN2 left- I will bench it tonight in the other motherboard, possibly with a little bit of 3D benching too

KRIPES!!!! and these people think i'm DR. gonzo, you beepbeep take the cake.
all i could do was a lowly 4.5 with it and you have it rockin 7.0........

my 5.0 on the 4170 was not what i call stable it was just a few test runs so getting over 5.0 with it is looking good.

Caddi were you using copper tubing for plumbing? Can't you just sweat some elbows on it?

I want an all copper in the case tube system the idea is to tie both my custom loops into this single 9x120 rad with 18 120x38x6000 rpm fans and to do it all in copper.
I really like the look of polished copper. the rad and stand were not to bad in price, all the money went into fans!!!!!

I have never tried it, but a old plumber I knew told me to freeze water inside a copper tube before bending it. It sometimes helps it keep it's form, maybe it will help.

Back