• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build for Gaming PC please help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You need a lot more GPU power if you want to max out all games with playable frame rates on those monitors.

Gaming wise I will only use 1 monitor the other will be for other purposes like when streaming what I'm playing or just multitasking.

That makes things a lot cheaper then. The rig in my signature can do around 50fps on average in BF3 at 1080p with all the graphics turned up to the max, except with AA turned off.

To max out games like BF3 at 1080p you'll need at least a 6990, GTX590, GTX570 SLI, GTX480 SLI or 6950 CF. A single 7970 should do the trick.

that 500 dollar video card would be nice but that would go well over my budget well over $2,000 with the 2 monitors and OS that I need

I guess not a huge requirement. I could survive with one and then get another one in the future if I still want one.

If you went for just the one monitor for the time being, you could upgrade the video card to a 7950 with the money left over, although you might have to wait a couple of weeks before they become available :)

I think you could do like SMOKEU says and get the 7950 (they're available now, btw), or you could go SLI GTX 570s and have a bit more performance. Otherwise, your build idea looks pretty solid. :thup:

If you went for just the one monitor for the time being, you could upgrade the video card to a 7950 with the money left over, although you might have to wait a couple of weeks before they become available :)

+1

Back