• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, that is a far superior block. Should get you a few degrees at least. Currently it's the best on the market, just barely edging out the HK 3.0 according to Vapor.

Okay decided not to get the SR1 480 (160$) and went with the swiftech. Stoped by my local micro center and got the swiftech 480 and the swiftech apogee xt both for less than the SR1!! I think this is was the better way to go.

Attachments

• IMG_0497 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0497 (800x600).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0499 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0499 (800x600).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 52
Hey another question for the water cooling masters.

Regarding the Swiftech XT....I was wanting to use compression fittings on my loop. So I would have to switch the inlet port around... But i have read that could cause some degrading in performance and the block itself. How bad is the performance drop? I can live without compression fittings if need be.

Thanks for all your guy's help.

Hey another question for the water cooling masters.

Regarding the Swiftech XT....I was wanting to use compression fittings on my loop. So I would have to switch the inlet port around... But i have read that could cause some degrading in performance and the block itself. How bad is the performance drop? I can live without compression fittings if need be.

Thanks for all your guy's help.

According to Vapor at Skinee labs / XS the performance drop is very minimal :: You probably won't notice anything... and will get to use compression fittings ::

I tested the XT with the alternate inlet positioning "XT Alt" and observed roughly a quarter of a degree drop in performance.

Hope This Helps

J-O_S-H

Back