• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New computer not making it to POST!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have all 3 atx plugs in?
4 pin, 8 pin and 24 pin

The manual only said to plug in the 24 and the 8. I believe there is a 4 on the board that i can try.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to install an OS now. I'll check back in when I'm done. If you get it fixed, or at least diagnosed, please post back. Every addition to our knowledge base pays dividends down the road.

One last thing. Have you tried the BIOS button on the I/O panel?

Can do. I won't be able to star working on it till later but will definitely update. The flash bios? That is how i updated the bios to the version that supports the cpu.

The original BIOS should have supported that CPU. when you flashed the BIOS you renamed the file ? Waited for the lights to stop flashing?

The manual only said to plug in the 24 and the 8. I believe there is a 4 on the board that i can try.

D/L'ed the manual...2-7: • Ensure to connect the 8-pin power plug, or connect both 8-pin and 4-pin power plugs.

Figured it would be worth the effort to try both, neh?

D/L'ed the manual...2-7: • Ensure to connect the 8-pin power plug, or connect both 8-pin and 4-pin power plugs.

Figured it would be worth the effort to try both, neh?

Can definitely do that. Makes sense that there is power to start but not enough to keep running.

- - - Updated - - -

The original BIOS should have supported that CPU. when you flashed the BIOS you renamed the file ? Waited for the lights to stop flashing?

Yes. i forget the filename but i used a renamer program. When i looked on the mobo it said 1.001 which equated to 1001 and i needed 4001. After i updated the bios the codes were 13 than 35 as opposed to the orginal 13 only. Not sure if that means anything.

Well...that isn't in line with the bios numbering they have.
First/initial bios was 0215 followed with 0401, 0601 then 0801...beta is 0903
Your cpu is supported since the 0401

Well...that isn't in line with the bios numbering they have.
First/initial bios was 0215 followed with 0401, 0601 then 0801...beta is 0903
Your cpu is supported since the 0401

I was going off of memory. was kind of close. updated to 0903. Although i may have misinterpreted my bios number initially. https://www.asus.com/support/article/563/ this is what i used as reference. I forget what mine was but it was not equivalent of 0401

Good catch Luta!

See if you can reflash that thing. Does it have the offline flashing (no CPU, nothing, just board power)?? If so, use that if you can't get into the BIOS.

CPU Power - 8-Pin is required, the 4-Pin is optional. It won't hurt to try it, but... its not because of a lack of power. When I reviewed the board I had a 6950X to 4.4 or 4.5GHz. 8-Pin only. :)

EDIT: You did get to 0903.. cool. Try re-flashing it.. or using the other BIOS (I think there is a second BIOS, no?).

Good catch Luta!

See if you can reflash that thing. Does it have the offline flashing (no CPU, nothing, just board power)?? If so, use that if you can't get into the BIOS.

CPU Power - 8-Pin is required, the 4-Pin is optional. It won't hurt to try it, but... its not because of a lack of power. When I reviewed the board I had a 6950X to 4.4 or 4.5GHz. 8-Pin only. :)

EDIT: You did get to 0903.. cool. Try re-flashing it.. or using the other BIOS (I think there is a second BIOS, no?).

I can go to the 0401 which is what asus maches it with and see what happens. Bios may be the culprit because when i upgraded it added another code (13 AND 35 now) so that may mean something.

Just be sure to read and follow the instructions regarding the USB Flashback.
I would stick with the 0401, 0601 or 0801 bios until you are up and running....no need of throwing a beta into the mix at this point.

Here is a link to pictures of the CPU I have reverted the bios back to 0801 and taken the board out of the case and still nothing. I am not sure what else i can do except for rma the board.

Back