• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New CPU this week :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeXaDeCiMaL

Swapping my P4 1.6A @ 2.13Ghz out for a 2.4A (i got it dirt cheep ;) ) that I hope to get on a 110FSB (being run in a SS51G so no voltage adjustment), but even not it'll give me sub 3hour woo time's :D Horrah!

Now to get stomping :D

kool!! 110FSB? i'm think u should have no problem even w/ stock voltage.

just grab a 1.8a (hand pick SL63x) from my local computer show yesterday to (finally) replace my dying 1.6a. running @ 2.7GHz right out of the box at 1.65v.!! :D

crunch on!! :beer:

deez said:
HeXaDeCiMaL...you might want to take that link for TECH-PC SETI team out of your sig...if its not OC.com related its not allowed there
check out this thread http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58341
yup. sorry, it's nothing personal (being ad. other team) but just our the rule in here.

btw, after u've o/c that baby, u could run our SETI benchmark to see how it does compare to others. (link under my sig.) ;)

Sorry guys :) edited it :)

I hope your right, I want as much power out of this chip as I can get, it's just i'll be trapped on default voltage (actually ~1.45V cos this board undervolts just to make things worse) the onyl reason I put up with it is because the Shuttle looks so darn funky ;)

110FSB is my target anything more is an added bonus :D

Oh and yeah, once I get it sorted i'll run yer benchie c what I get. :beer:

u can always v-pin it to get higher v.core tho!! check out the sticky in the Intel CPU forum. howver, be careful of what u r doing tho!! anything over 1.7v will/might kill ur cpu over time.

i've kill my 1.6a in 2 months time when running at 1.775v!! :(

good luck!!

p.s. don't be sorry. i did exact that when i first sign in the forum. :p

LandShark said:
u can always v-pin it to get higher v.core tho!! check out the sticky in the Intel CPU forum. howver, be careful of what u r doing tho!! anything over 1.7v will/might kill ur cpu over time.

i've kill my 1.6a in 2 months time when running at 1.775v!! :(

good luck!!

p.s. don't be sorry. i did exact that when i first sign in the forum. :p

yeah i'm thinink about Vpinning it, not sure if it works with the shuttle tho :confused: i'll have to try and find out, 1.65V would do me, I know the person I am getting it off has been running it @ 2.9Ghz on 1.7V.... :cool:

Back