• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New here and need help please :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is very easy to get stars on this :)
Such an active forum, full of nice people :p
Are the gts's overclocked? I had two SSC versions, and got about 40fps in crysis at 1680x1050 very high, and something like 4 or 8xAA. In games that scale with sli, they will beat a GTX260, the 260 only really pulls away at 1920x1200 when 512mb is not enough. My dad is still happy with one of them (I gave him one of mine when I upgraded)

they are factory over clocked i believe but what toosl can i use to overclock them please?

thanks

they are factory over clocked i believe but what toosl can i use to overclock them please?

thanks

sorry for late reply, even regarding the difference between 260 and 280

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-260-core-216--bfg-ocx-maxcore/10

here's the first i found, as you can see the factory OC 260gtx is nearly the same as a 280.

But we generally do not stop to factory O.C. XD

buy a used gtx260, (be sure it's the 216sp one, then download "rivatuner" and come back in this forum to get some information on how to use it.

i just downloaded riva tuner for my 8800 GTS's i found where i change my fan speed they are at about 30% atm and rest at 48 temp idle, but if i put them up to max fan sp[eed they are soooooooooo loud and only fall by a coupel of degrees lol

where do i go in that tool to change the actual running speeds or the cards?

and i tried to find the sticky about oc#ing cards n can't find :S

i just downloaded riva tuner for my 8800 GTS's i found where i change my fan speed they are at about 30% atm and rest at 48 temp idle, but if i put them up to max fan sp[eed they are soooooooooo loud and only fall by a coupel of degrees lol

where do i go in that tool to change the actual running speeds or the cards?

and i tried to find the sticky about oc#ing cards n can't find :S

under driver settings you will find an option called System Settings

on the upper tabs you will find the Oc tool and the fan tool.

the temps go down only by a couple C because

your case might not be enough ventilated, without fresh air you are trying to cool it with the hot air which is uneffective

if you still have problems i will post a pic on how to O.C.

ok sorry just found wherei am ment to click but it says:

"No supported drivers were detected for this display adapter"

what should i do now? lol

Help me please fellas :(

oh ye forgot to mention that, either you download EVGA precision, or you have to do a quick fix on riva, since i just had a bad day and i am not in the mood of explaining it again (although you can find somewhere here in the forums)

i suggest you download evga precision

Back