• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New PC3200EB SPD timings.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ap673

I just got a brand new 2x512 of OCZ PC3200EB in my NF7-S. For some reason the optimal and SPD timings for this ram are 2-3-3-6 at 200mhz. Can anyone explain this? Isn't it suppose to be 2.5-3-2-8?

But anyway, anyone that knows about this ram, how far have you overclocked with 2.5-3-3-11 timings or so at what vdimm? If I give it 2.9v can it run 2-3-2-11 at 200mhz?

Well i've got the same ram, only 2x256MB sticks. I can get them up to 11-2-2-3 @ 240FSB, 2.9V. This was previously unstable, but now it's fine.... i'm not sure why either. it may have been the AS5 on the NB setting in? I duno. But yeah, i had a hell of a time getting this up to this OC, as it'd be memtest stable, prime, 3dmark, but UT would crash. Just got off an hour game of UT2k4 and then a 2 hour session of HL... all is well so far. Still testing to make sure.

My highest confirmed stable speed is 230FSB @ 11-2-2-3 , 2.8V.

Good luck!

mrspec3 said:
Maybe the stuff needs a good burnin like BH-5/6. As for the timings I don't think the EB ram can run cas 2...

No, i don't think it can either. It doesn't matter, based on the benchies i've seen around the forums of people with BH5/6 or CH-5 or other ram, 240 @ 11-2-2-2 roughly equals 240 @ 11-2-2-3 on the EB. Can anyone confirm this with benchies of their RAM @ 11-2-2-2 @ 240 on an NF2 chipset mobo (preferably DFI UI).

Well i dont know whats going on now, i think this OCZ stuff is crapped out. I can't even get 400mhz FSB. I'm at 333mhz, but when I set it to 400mhz, it doesnt even post. I ran Memtest for about 15min and no errors. Then I stuck my old BH-6 in there and it ran perfect at 400mhz [email protected]. By the way I have done the L12 mod on my XP2600-m IQYHA 0352MPMW.

ap673 said:
Well i dont know whats going on now, i think this OCZ stuff is crapped out. I can't even get 400mhz FSB. I'm at 333mhz, but when I set it to 400mhz, it doesnt even post. I ran Memtest for about 15min and no errors. Then I stuck my old BH-6 in there and it ran perfect at 400mhz [email protected]. By the way I have done the L12 mod on my XP2600-m IQYHA 0352MPMW.

What timings are you using on the 3200b at 400mhz?

Try loosening your CAS to 2.5 or 3.

SPD data doesn't really matter much. My KHX3000 for example appears to come spec'ed for 2.5-3-3-7, even though it's advertized at 2-2-2-7. It does run it's advertized timings, it just doesn't default to them.

Its all at stock- 2.5-3-2-11, at 333mhz it passes Memtest. But when I change it to 400mhz, it says save changes to bios, reboots, and the monitor is just blank and it doesnt post or make any noise. Shouldn't it be able to run at stock, its OCZ EB for cryin out loud. I really need some help guys, i've build 3 computers in the past 2 days and so far every one of them has needed a part RMA'ed. I don't want to hafta send these stick back if they're not bad.

Here's a more indepth post on the problem I made in the Abit Mobo's Section ---
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=311921

Please check it out and see if you know wat the problem is, thanks a ton.

i had similar troubles with my 2x512 pc3700EB. stuck it in, it posted, i went into bios changed the timings to 2.5-2-2-11 at 200mhz and no post. cleared the cmos with the little jumper, still nothing. pulled the battery and used the jumper, still nothing. put my old ram back in and it posted fine. I was getting the C1 error code which as i understand is a memory error code. So i have a gig of $340 ram just sitting here for now! :(

Id probably have played with it more but i scored lineage2 recently and ive become rather engrossed with it so no tinkering for awhile as i want my comp up and stable and rdy to play!! lol

Back