• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rosetta Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wayward_Son

The team now has six more 4.0 AMD cores at its disposal. I haven't run BOINC in over a year and when I did it was SETI@Home. I figured this time around I'd do something for medical research instead. Anything in particular I should pay attention to? Any tips or tweaks to optimize BOINC for a hex core?

Welcome to the team!
Not much in the way of optimizations for rosetta, it's pretty much just raw clock speed.
You should pull down a nice chunk of credit!

Man, it feels good to have my processor actually DOING something. :) So I see that Rosetta doesn't support GPUs at the moment. I guess I'll check out Folding @ Home and let my 5870 chew away on that.

Is there anything we're supposed to actually DO as a OCF Rosetta team member? Or just let our spare cycles help fold and that's that?

This proc destroys units. Probably not like a 980x, but I'm impressed. My RAC has been increasing steadily since I installed Boinc. It was nearing 900 when I left for work this morning. Any guesses as to where a 4.0 1090t might stabilize its RAC?

Also, how do I add the Rosetta Team thingy to my avatar?

not positive, but guessing you might level out around 1800-2200 give or take.. my proc at 4.0 is split to a 50/50 with seti and i'm getting leveling around 1200 it seems

as for the avatar thing, go in to user cp and on the left is a link for group memberships, choose rosetta and update.

Oh more then that, I would guess something like 4-6 kiloRAC.
A 980x at 4.1 gives something like 8k, so extrapolating the 15% higher clock/clock efficiency (it's probably less, AMD and rosetta seem to get along well) and the 30% for HT I get 5500.

hey guys this may be a dumb question but hey there is no such thing as a dumb question right.? so any way how can i join the rosseta team? my cpu does nothing productive besides games and i figure it could help a couple of points when im not playing the gamz.
thanks

Hey Schmitty. To join our team is easy. Just go to UserCP and then click "Group Memberships" over on the left. You can choose "Rosetta Team" at the top and then choose how you want to identify yourself at the bottom of that page. Then the Rosetta Team Badge should appear under your user name.

To Download BOINC manager go HERE. Download link is at the top left under "Join rosetta@home". Connect to "rosetta@home", under the team name "overclockers.com". After that, you should be off to the races. When the servers start giving and taking work again that is.

Welcome to the team! :welcome:

Hey Schmitty. To join our team is easy. Just go to UserCP and then click "Group Memberships" over on the left. You can choose "Rosetta Team" at the top and then choose how you want to identify yourself at the bottom of that page. Then the Rosetta Team Badge should appear under your user name.

To Download BOINC manager go HERE. Download link is at the top left under "Join rosetta@home". Connect to "rosetta@home", under the team name "overclockers.com". After that, you should be off to the races. When the servers start giving and taking work again that is.

Welcome to the team! :welcome:

thanks baditude, i think i got it all right. now my computer can be a useful heater instead of just running p95:rofl:

And another Rosetta member. I just finished OCing and stabilizing my system and I'm looking for something more useful to run than Prime95. I was going to join SETI@home, but their WU server is down at the moment so SETI's loss is Rosetta's gain at the moment. ;)

I've recently upgraded a box with an AMD Phenom II X4 820 + 4GB RAM + MSI 880GMA-E45 mobo + Cooler Master hyper 212+ CPU cooler. I've overclocked the processor from 2.8GHz to 3.5GHz. It stays below 45° C so no reason not to work it out a bit.

Hey team, as you heard SETI is down again, and several of the OC Seti team switch over to Rosetta to... well keep it in the OC family so to speak. Just thought I'd say hi, and while SETI will still be my focus, I hope you guys don't mind if I join you time and again.

Hey team, as you heard SETI is down again, and several of the OC Seti team switch over to Rosetta to... well keep it in the OC family so to speak. Just thought I'd say hi, and while SETI will still be my focus, I hope you guys don't mind if I join you time and again.

Of course not. Very glad to have you here. :welcome:

Back