• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rosetta Member

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the welcome! Maybe the team can help me determine if this is normal or not, but i am seeing quite a few of the WUs I push up as "Validation error". I look in the stderr of the WUs and I don't see anything wrong.

Some examples:

I hate to be throwing garbage up there, but I have a stable rig, that churns SETI WUs with no errors. Let me know what you think.

OH: as a completely aside question... saw some of you are able to show multiple group memberships with your avatar (, etc). I can figure out how to show one at a time, but not both. How do you do that?

There are some WUs out there that error out in a matter of seconds, don't worry about those. They're borked, or something got lost in the download, or something like that.

If a sizable chunk of WUs are erroring out, something is wrong.
Rosetta is a different sort of stress then some other DC programs (FAH for instance), so I could see clocks that work in SETI not working in rosetta (and vice versa).

They tend to run it through two or three people, but they give credit right away.
Don't know what happens if it comes in 2-1 against you having the proper result.

I think you're probably ok, the only times I've had instability issues it's either BSOD'd, or borked an entire load of WUs within five minutes. It hasn't been especially subtle for me!

Yeah, looks like you're right. It does look like 2 people work on the WU, but they don't have to agree before credit is granted.

In one case both of us got errors, in the other I only did. Anyway, will still keep an eye out for too many errors.
If you click on 'explain' for that column:

Validate error: The task was reported but could not be validated, typically because the output files were lost on the server.

I don't think that has anything to do with the processing on your PC.

There was a massive, massive storage system crash last month, it's fairly amazing that this much stuff still exists, the raid died two weeks from being replaced.
I'd guess that's probably where that message is coming from.

Anyone else notice oddities on the rosetta webpage yesterday for their stats? I was showing an overall rac of like 41xx when my systems combined were actually posting about 49xx or more.. looks like its fixed now though.

Back