• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new shuttle ak31

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi guys, I've just come aboard and have been checking out the forum for a few days. I am getting ready to put together a new system and was wondering what mobo to get, but after reading all the great things about the ak31, I think that just about does it. I am upgrading from a Celery 300A@504 on an Abit BH6!!! Anybody still have one for nostalgic purposes-LOL! She was great in her day. Anyway, thanks for all the great posts...

Doctor said:

C'mon now! The newborn in my avatar did!

BTW, you have an awsome website, and obviously the career to go with it!

:beer:

Doctor

I guess Admin or the moderator deleted my previous winded post, but it is gone now.

Thanks for the compliment on the website and career. Only a couple of more years to go before I will not be allowed to fly Commercial aircraft. I was hoping Congress would up the retirement age, but I don't think they are going to approach it anymore with a surplus of pilots available right now.

hey folkx, juz readin' about the shuttle board and its possibilities - i am looking to build an AMD system and this appears to be a great board to work with.................what makes it better than an epox 8kha+ mobo?.........

lee said:
hey folkx, juz readin' about the shuttle board and its possibilities - i am looking to build an AMD system and this appears to be a great board to work with.................what makes it better than an epox 8kha+ mobo?.........

Shuttle has 4 DDR slots vs Epox's 3.

Epox has a problem with many of their boards rebooting, the Shuttle doesn't have any inherant problems that I'm aware of.

The Epox is more expensive $102.00 vs $78.00.

Doctor

Doctor i was wondering if you had any clips left? i also got 1 from radio shack which don't really grip all that well.... thanks.

drdingo21 said:
Doctor i was wondering if you had any clips left? i also got 1 from radio shack which don't really grip all that well.... thanks.

I'm sorry to report that I'm out of them, but, I found them at W.W.Grainger for $6.80, for 2 sets. They have the little "Grabber" on one end, connected to a wire, with another type of clip on the other end. You only need the grabber end to clip onto your IC, or SMD, but I'm sure that you will find a use for the other end somwhere.

Let me now if you have a problem getting them,

Doctor

Got your grabbers yesterday doc, and just got it working today. A 26mhz gain @ 1.95v :D Couldn't get my wimpy duron any higher (even with higher voltage) wonder if something else is holding it back. Oh yeah, I ruined one stick of ram in the process :D maybe I pumped too much voltage (got it up to 2.2) 131mb of the stick still useable. Thanks again doc...

1t ,I think I have everything as tweaked as it gets, I have scored higher and when I get another screenshot I will post it :)

wildone

Ace-a-Rue said:
I also have an Antec PS, but it is model 412X. When I removed the cover, it also had 2 pots just like Doctor talked about. I found (fan facing you) that adjusting the pot (adjacent to the fan) on the left edge of the PCB board was the one that raised both 5 & 12V simultaneously. I tried the other pot and it had no noticeable affect on the output of any voltage. I am thinking that pot has something to do with the Intel P4 plug.

Heir Doctor, I have a correction to issue to you, my mistake.:) Your reference to the 2nd pot in the Antec 412X adjusting the 3.3V is correct. I was incorrect about it has no effect. The reason for it, I was turning the pot clockwise like the other pot that raised the 5/12V. I was unaware until just recently reading another post that the 3.3V pot under the bundled wires exiting the supply has to be turned COUNTERclockwise to raise the 3.3V.

You can't increase the 3.3 to much otherwise it will cause severe no-post problems after the OS takes a burp. Resetting cmos was a nightmare. The battery had to be out and jumper on clear cmos. Then I had to disconnect all cables, including the ATX cable from the board. I had to wait for an hour to get a post again. So don't really fool with the 3.3. Even at a modest 3.4V it cause these same problems.

I heard the Phoeinx bios chip might be the culprit. Have you heard of any information on the Phoeinx bios chip? Apparently they were bought out by Award.

Back