• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Swifty MCX-462+, New King of the Hill?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is really looking like a swiftech come back heatsink. Also for the people that MUST have the 4 hole hold downs it they probably will be glad swiftech changed the hold downs to somthing more heavy duty. Plus the thicker base should help with tiny cpus even better.

Wow, that thing is massive!!!:eek:
So you guys think it will out performs the SLK-800? I'm pretty sure their price range is the same.

the swifty is going to cost A LOT more than an AX-7, i can almost garuntee that.

if swiftech is smart they will send ed or joe a sample for testing on the frontpage

Looks good but I still hold fath in teh SLK-800 even though I wish they had 4-hole mounting rather than the clip :(

I don't like playing around with heavy HSks on a vert mount :(

Zerrus said:
Looks good but I still hold fath in teh SLK-800 even though I wish they had 4-hole mounting rather than the clip :(

I don't like playing around with heavy HSks on a vert mount :(
Id rather have a heavy HSF bolted down than a heavy HSF Clipped on like the SLK800.

nikhsub1 said:

Id rather have a heavy HSF bolted down than a heavy HSF Clipped on like the SLK800.

if your careful with the clips, even 1 prong ones, they arent gonna break.
i gave up watercooling cause of the damn 4 bolt design. its too big of a pain to remove the mobo every time u need to remove the HSF.

I love the 4 bolt design, using a Alpha 8045 on a second rig. With the clip you may not get complete contact between the CPU Core and the HS. That problem is solved with the 4 bolt WB's/HS's, granted it's a little bit more of a pain to mount but I think its worth it.

I agree. The mount may be a little more of a pain, but I imagine one can "crazy glue" the nuts to the mobo or use a dab of epoxy seeing as they are aluminum or SS so they won't move. That thing is a real beauty!

Back