• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Thermalright P4 heatsink!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Weight won't be a problem! They planned on it being installed with 2, yes 2! 120mm fans. The first fan will serve to cool it in normal fashion and the second will provide lift :)

Vrykyl said:
so if thats the new successor of the sp94 the what the hell is the "sp98" that came written on the side of my sp94 box????

IIRC the SP-98 was for a different socket, but I cant remember what.

That new HSF looks mega cool. (no pun intended). Bring on an Athlon 64 or XP version! I use a 120mm fan on an SP-97 alreayd by using a Zalman fan bracket, but this would be much better. I think decent case cooling will become even more of an important factor with a huge hs like this one.

I remember reading something about BTX form factor allowing for 1-2 kilogram cpu heatsinks. This new thermalright would probably blow away any stock/oem cooler intel has in the works.

Oh my god that thing is a monster, honestly its almost twice the size of a SP-94

It probably kicks *** though :)

I love my Zalman but DAMMMMMMM! :drool: I am going to change if that beast will fit my AI7.

This Memorial Day weekend remember the men and women who gave their lives so that others my live free. Not just in the past but those who are making that ultimate sacrifice every day in Iraq.
9/11 Never forget.

In the meantime, we'll leave all you Intel overclockers to salivate over the possibilities...
:drool:

We'd like to thank our friends at Thermalright for providing a sneak peek at their newest creation, and we'll keep you posted on the availability of the production XP-120.
:D

Looks interesting...and BIG :cool:

It's probably so big that it scrapes the case, transfering heat to the entire casing, essentially making the entire PC a heatsink.

Eureeka!

:eek: It is probably aluminum becuase if this was copper, it might rip the motherboard right out of the case :eek:

It does weigh less than the SP94, but that is a result of the aluminum. I can't wait for this to come to Socket A.

Back