• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg shoot themselves in the foot.. again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or just test it in Canada, or something. Not like we know/need anyone there!

Here is the PM I just sent to Newegg Support. If you all want to PM him with like info then have at it. I'm getting sick and tired of their web dev team screwing up the pages and giving us crap such as this.

my PM said:
Please read the following thread and respond to it: Newegg shoot themselves in the foot.. again.

Once again, your web page team is showing incredible stupidity in messing with what was a very good layout with this kind of tripe. Those dummies need to give us an Opt-Out option for us folks that shop frequently with you and don't want to be hassled by stupid page layout experiments such as this. I say this as a loyal Newegg customer and I am not trying to be mean or trite about the situation, but that web dev group you have seriously need to get their head out of the part that goes over the fence last. And I humbly ask that you forward or copy this PM to them too, just to let them know that their loyal customers hate it when they go changing something and make it less useful, like this experiment (or whatever it is) does to your website.

Sincerely,
XXXXX XXXXXXXXX

Damn, mudd broke out the big guns and started shooting.

/signed

Ugh. I'm sure their web devs are working on this kind of thing because it's better than getting laid off due to having finished, and I don't blame them, but maybe it's time the boss over at Newegg starts looking at cutting payroll a bit. Right now he/she's apparently paying people to ruin a working site.

It just gets me mad that every few months their web dev monkeys start messing around with stupid layouts like this above and get yet another complaining thread going here. I guess they are in mortal fear for their jobs or something because they are always doing stupidity such as this and ruining what is a very good website by dumbing it down and making it harder to find pertinent information. And it just looks like crap, in my own opinion.

EDIT:ratbuddy and I are thinking along the same lines about their web dev monkeys I see.:D

I agree. The image should be at least 1024x768 and the "Buy" button should be around 5x bigger. If they really want to make it bad, they should finish the job.

Lots of people complained about the layout before this one when they changed it from the much older layout.

People get used to it. It took me a while to figure out how to use it.

It's more 'flash content' than before. Looks good, imo.

Lots of people complained about the layout before this one when they changed it from the much older layout.

People get used to it. It took me a while to figure out how to use it.

It doesn't bother you that they fit much less actual product information on the screen now?

I've seen this off and on myself. It seems kinda randomly spaced out through out the site.

I posted about it a while back myself.

I've seen this off and on myself. It seems kinda randomly spaced out through out the site.

I posted about it a while back myself.
That thread, for anyone interested:
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649220

And an even older one (from January):
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632468

So this theme has been in the works for a long long time. And given the overwhelming negative reaction it always gets...I don't know why they keep trying.

Ugh, hope this isn't a sign of changes to come. See http://www.dealerscope.com/article/newegg-announced-week-ceo-tally-liu-has-departed-compan/1 for a possible reason behind this idiocy.
So it's unlikely to be this. Just web devs/artists getting uppity again. :p

I received an answering PM from the Newegg Rep the other day to the above PM and he said he would pass it along up the pipeline. Since he didn't ever reply in this thread, I figured I would pass that info along to all of you that think them messing with the layout this way sucks too. I just hope that he and the ones he passes it along to will look at the link in the PM (this thread) and take it to heart that we are getting upset with them screwing up their website and dumbing down the web pages.

I can understand a Flash image browser that allows zoom and rotation and such. If they even start looking like they're putting things in Flash that belong in simple HTML and Javascript, I'm going to send some less-than-nice emails. Every browser supports HTML, and 99% support Javascript. I don't want Flash wasting battery on my laptop when HTML/Javascript will do just fine while using a fraction of the bandwidth and CPU power.

My laptop has a 1280x800 screen. Lots of netbooks have a 1024x600 screen. Even phones have 800px wide screens, now. FFS, all you retarded web designers out there, make your damn pages at least 1024 pixels wide unless the site is specifically designed for phones! The obsession with limiting width so that I have to scroll through four pages on the physically-limited-height screen makes me want to punch somebody... :mad: Why the effing hell does the design industry insist on narrow when the display industry has gone wide...

Last edited:
Good god I have the new layout and its making my eyes bleed! How do I get rid of it?

Back