• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[News] OCZ bringing out new / affordable SSDs, yet again.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Vista please. Also, do you typically install any other major apps like Office or Adobe CS? Aside from benches it'd be cool to see what real application use is like.

Last edited:
I'm buying two 64GB Core Series SSDs with two 640GB Western Digital HDDs as soon as the SSDs are in stock at Newegg. I'd rather have an ultra fast file system right now than build a completely new rig with the same, slow, 5yo HDDs I've been using. Between my 4870 and Opty 185, I can play any game I want on all high settings decently so I can't justify a complete build until 45nm Deneb or Nehalem. I can, however, justify replacing a failing hard drive and 3 other old drives that are reaching or have exceeded their MTBF limits. I've never once build a RAID system in years of having the capability so I feel now is the time to do my file system right.

...but there are no newegg reviews on these drives. :confused:

Not on these, but SSDs in general.

I am more asking than I am trying to tell anything. Do you guys think SSDs have come far along enough to be at least on par with the stability of regular drives?

Hrm, I'm really tempted to get the 64gb now that it's 240... I just tried to check my GB footprint by selecting all of the files in my C drive aside from the Users folder which contains my documents and media which can be put into a seperate drive and got 33.5gb. Am I missing anything that needs to be added to that footprint?

Yeah, I think I'd probably focus on 2-3 games at a time and swap them whenever necessary. I'm really annoyed that I miss the newegg chance, doesn't come back into stock till the 31st and that's the last day you can purchase it for the rebate to apply, cutting it kind of close.

I would use it as a boot drive probably... then run games and apps on the raid or other mechanical drives..

Good to see SSHDs improving quickly though.

Well I'm on a laptop so I'm limited to two drives at a time. My plan is to keep the OS and all programs including games on the SSD and all of my media, documents, etc. will be in my 320gb 5400rpm drive.

Back