• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nf7-s rev2 bios 1.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
well i updated to this new one yesterday. i didnt like bios 1.1 and this one either.i get instability in 3dmark and games.

anyhow i tried flashing back and it wont.it gets a write fails error on certain parts of the flash.at first i thought it was gonna bork the bios all together when i started seeing the failed sectors.

its fine tho but now im stuck with this stupid not 100% stabile bios.

just fair warning if ya update looks like no going back.
does anyone know a code that will force the bios to update? it will have to hit it internally as it will flash with no force but the problem is it wont overright?

guys im really really upset here on this.
i know not many can help with this problem as it seems rather uncommon.so im not gonna be upset for lack of help.

http://forum.abit-usa.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10608

that is the thread i posted at abit forums.
and in the bottom part where i talk about switching to the epox 8rda3+ its no joke.

this is the stupidist single act ive seen a maker do to a mobo!
my mobo is basically useless if i cant run 3dmark or even play games.

"EDIT" found the work around on my own :D me so smart or stupid "take your pick" to try as i could have borked my bios but i didnt.

boot into dos manually.dont use the flasher form the intial boot screen.
A:/awdflash /f nf7d_10.bin will flash it back to the original.
the "/f" or try "-f" i forget which but it forces the flash to write.

take that abit!
dang now i dont have any excuse to buy another mobo :(

Last edited:
I'm happy you found the option /f.

I already needed it once, when flashing an Abit BE6 V.1.2 with a V.2.0 Bios to get full Raid support.:D

Congrats! AND I'm happy, that I didn't flash the BIOS yet. I'm still using Version 1.0 of the BIOS.

i also flashed 2 the new ver or the bios, however i don't have any stability problems.

which game did u run ? so i could try and run them 2 :)

the problems were in 3dmark and ut.
ill also say that after i posted that i was no longer able to boot into windows again.it would show the win2k post screen and stop and i could here the heads on my raptors slap!

i think that is the reason abit did it this way and dont want flashing back to happen as it messes soemthing up bad.

anyhow i went back reflashed bios 1.0 again. also i deleted my array and formated again and did a complete reinstall.i also reflashed the SI raid controller with the new bios from SI.

i dont think this is connected to the SI controller either.
the os wasnt corrupted but something physical didnt like what was going on.

all i know is if ya need to flash back and you use the -f to force it expect hell to break loose. only taking everything back to square one seems to work for me.ive still seen windows lock 1 or 2 times at the post screen still. not sure its related but its the same exact place it would stop after the bios was flashed back.

i dont know what abit did but i dont like none of it.
im gonna have to test alot of things still.

Back